GT 6-4: Sox @ Rays (12:40pm)

2 minutes ago, White Sox Park said:

Thinking that it will be pretty difficult for LaRussa to keep Burger & Mendick out of the lineup for awhile.

When TA comes back Mendick should start at 2nd

2 minutes ago, White Sox Park said:

Thinking that it will be pretty difficult for LaRussa to keep Burger & Mendick out of the lineup for awhile.

DFA Harrison and make Mendick the starting 2B when TA is back. Burger and Moncada can platoon at 3B.

I won't be shocked if after watching Mendick and Burger lately, today is Harrison's last day. There's no real reason to have him still on the roster on Tuesday, or at least once Eloy returns

3 minutes ago, White Sox Park said:

You must be a new fan. Welcome! You're in for some shocking surprises. :chair

• Haha 2

Just now, superchops70 said:

Could Mendick play second when TA comes back?

I’m withholding judgement. Mendick has looked very good in flashes before and then crashed back to earth. That being said, given his competition is Harrison and Leury he probably is the best option at this point.

4 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Alright boys, huge win yesterday as the Sox regained a game on the Twins (now five back) as well as Angels (now only a game back from the 7th wild card spot).  That being said, we can’t stop now in what should be a very winnable matchup.  Giolito really has to step up and keep the momentum going.  The HRs have been a problem for him so far this season and so has his effectiveness with both the changeup & slider.  Hopefully this is simply SSS noise and we see vintage Lucas today.  We desperately need that dude if we want any shot at a divisional comeback.

As for the lineup, it’s time we start bundling all the good hitters at the top of the lineup and let the cold ones either ride pine or bat in the bottom 3rd.  Please stop putting the bad fast guys up front or overplaying bad lefty or switch hitters because a RHP is the on the mound.  Tony is trying to play chess with a board full of pawns and it’s not working.  There is zero reason to overthink this right now with the offense struggling like it is.  And Jake Burger better be in the fucking lineup or I’ll riot.  Here’s what I’d like to see today:

1. Pollock, LF
  2. Vaughn, DH
  3. Abreu, 1B
  4. Robert, CF
  5. Burger, 3B
  6. Engel, RF
  7. Mendick, 2B
  8. Grandal, C#
  9. Harrison, 2B

Not a great lineup, but it’s about the best we can do and the defense is optimized outside of 3B & C.  Moncada gets a day on the bench for subpar performance and Grandal moves way down in the lineup.  Time to send both of these guys messages, although in all honesty we need both to come back to life if we want any semblance of a major league offense.  I actually think this group can give you a whopping four runs today and if Lucas can limit the HRs I think we can pull off a 4-2 victory today.

Let’s fucking go!!

Right on.  They already gave us a 4 run crooked number 1st inning.  Our lineup today is better than the usual Sunday lineup, with the exception of Harrison who is hitting 9th.  Like Mendick leading off and Burger batting 5 th.  No below Mendoza line Leury and Moncada in today.

• Like 1

Also, my pick to click for today is Big Energy.  Dude may be sporting a 51 wRC+, but he’s been incredibly unlucky based on his 18th percentile xwOBA.  The man is about to erupt and I see a multi hit effort in the cards today assuming he’s in the lineup.  And as usual, he will bring that fire & passion that the rest of the team and manager have been lacking.  It’s officially time to unleash the real Big Energy on the AL.

pmNS7R0Zg

?