GT 6-4: Sox @ Rays (12:40pm)

4 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

Hope they didn’t pull him out because of another injury.

My guess was since it was his first start in the OF the plan was for only 5 innings. Would be nice if AAA had a rule where a rehabbing player can move from a fielding position to DH mid-game.

18 minutes ago, Texsox said:

Noticing there isn't much of a crowd on a nice Sunday afternoon. Is that their fault or ours?

Rays attendance along with Marlins are the lowest in the majors.  Too many transplants with no local baseball traditions,and many other things to do like going to the beach, boating, partying, etc.

Just now, hankchifan said:

Rays attendance along with Marlins are the lowest in the majors.  Too many transplants with no local baseball traditions,and many other things to do like going to the beach, boating, partying, etc.

Most Tampa people don't really identify the Rays as a Tampa team. They almost always point out that the stadium is in St. Pete and too out of the way to get to. i think it's a bit weird, but you see a lot of that in comments around the web.

3 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

FWIW, Tampa's TV ratings are very high.

I wrote a post earlier in the week comparing the TLR 1983 winning ugly team to this 2022 version. See the numbers below. 

NOW let say the 2022 TLR VERSION is not as good as the 1983 version of TLR. BUT the talent if healthy is better

7D7DE52B-B570-44B7-88BB-F0B4963D61A5.jpeg