GT 6-4: Dodgers @ Sox (7:10pm)

6 minutes ago, fathom said:

It really is crazy how bad this team is against RHP.  Even yesterday, team didn’t score until a LHP came in (despite runs charges to White)

Thanks to Hahn for doing such a crappy job loading up with relievers and doing zero about getting some quality lefties.  Last season Hahn got two all star closers but no quality left handed position players.

1 minute ago, hankchifan said:

Thanks to Hahn for doing such a crappy job loading up with relievers and doing zero about getting some quality lefties.  Last season Hahn got two all star closers but no quality left handed position players.

At the same time, Grandal and Moncada were really good against RHP last year. Idk if anyone could have foreseen both guys falling off a cliff like this. 

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

What to do with Moncada while Burger is raking is the biggest question facing this team. You have to give him an opportunity to get out of the slump, but at the same time you're costing the team games doing so. 

Let him get his ABs while playing 2B.  Allows Burger to be in the lineup at his natural position everyday and gets Leury and Josh out of the every day lineup.  Kills two birds with one stone.

On 6/5/2022 at 4:52 PM, FoxForce2 said:

Geeze what's up with Pollock?

3 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

At the same time, Grandal and Moncada were really good against RHP last year. Idk if anyone could have foreseen both guys falling off a cliff like this. 

You have a good point there.

5 minutes ago, tray said:

Why isn't Vaughn in the line-up against Gonsolin?

I would have had Burger at 3B, Moncada at 2B, Vaughn at 1B and Abreu at DH.

Vaughn needs to start playing a lot of 1B for his development.  He is the Sox future first baseman and his development is being stunted by playing him out of position in the OF or sitting him to get some weak LH bat in the lineup.

He's got to get ABs against RH pitching and play 1B as much as possible.

Edited by South Side Fireworks Man

Just now, South Side Fireworks Man said:

Vaughn needs to start playing a lot of 1B for his development.  He is the Sox future first baseman and his development is being stunted by playing him out of position in the OF or sitting him to get some weak LH bat in the lineup.

1B isn't like other positions, he isn't going to get rusty by not playing there for a while.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

I have no idea what the Sox are going to do with Abreu past this year, but I'd imagine Eloy will DH when he returns, so Vaughn will keep playing Corner OF. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

1 minute ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

I'm not really worried that he''s going to forget how to play first