6/11 White Sox vs Texas Rangers, 1:10

flavum

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

How much did you actually watch him play there at Charlotte?  Are you just basing that primarily on his offense?

I'm watching him at third. Watching his feet. Comparing him to current Moncada at 3rd. If I was moving one this season, I wouldn't be as convinced at SSFWM

Just now, Texsox said:

I'm not certain it helps Moncada break out of a slump either. 

I honestly don't know what to do with Moncada right now. He's killing them. 

If they can, a phantom IL stint followed by a long rehab stint in Charlotte might do him some good. 

Hopefully he can show something by the end of the season. 

Seriously what is going on with Moncada? You just don't become this bad without a reason. Is it injury or is it something personal going on off the field ? He just looks like he doesn't even care. Throw your bat or your batting helmet or bust up the dugout show something. He is about to be hitting sub .100. 

• Like 1

Just now, brijames1957 said:

Seriously what is going on with Moncada? You just don't become this bad without a reason. Is it injury or is it something personal going on off the field ? He just looks like he doesn't even care. Throw your bat or your batting helmet or bust up the dugout show something. He is about to be hitting sub .100. 

He was super excited scoring last night.  Watch the video.

Just now, brijames1957 said:

If he was really injured why are they playing him in the field again in a day game after a night game?

Just now, South Side Fireworks Man said:

He's played there a lot before so it shouldn't hurt and maybe the change would help.  It certainly couldn't get much worse at this point.

As you said adjusting to a new position hurts, not helps, a player. It seems like the worst thing if you want production out of Moncada is it have him spend time adjusting again to a different position while battling through a career threatening slump. 

At the minimum have him sit a couple days and hope it is a reset. Find a soft spot to play him.