Is it just me

The Beast

all I'm saying is there are over 100 entries of "worshipping God" in the bible, and there are 5 entries for "being good"

So, by that thought, I can be the biggest jagoff (cheap, mean, nasty etc.), but as but as long as I go to Church and say 'Yay God" I am okay. :huh:

Not trying to be a smartass, that is something that I never understood that the Catholic church seems to push - go to church, give us money and we'll pretend the rest never happened.

first of all, his question was, who says worshipping God was the number one thing...I supplied the who says....The bible.

Secondly, by skipping over

I'm not saying there aren't a number of other principles that shouldn't be valued, espcially loving your neighboor and treating others around you better than yourself.
that whole part of my post, when you write something like this:
So, by that thought, I can be the biggest jagoff (cheap, mean, nasty etc.), but as but as long as I go to Church and say 'Yay God" I am okay.
it shows me you're looking for something specific to comment on because of your past, and not listening and processing what I'm saying.

There's alot to following the bible, non of us are truly able to achieve all of them. you can only pursue it...day by day.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

all I'm saying is there are over 100 entries of "worshipping God" in the bible, and there are 5 entries for "being good"

So, by that thought, I can be the biggest jagoff (cheap, mean, nasty etc.), but as but as long as I go to Church and say 'Yay God" I am okay. :huh:

Not trying to be a smartass, that is something that I never understood that the Catholic church seems to push - go to church, give us money and we'll pretend the rest never happened.

That is one of the very very very big misperceptions that is perpetuated by today's church. Worshipping God does NOT equal going to church. Attending church is meaningless unless it is a part of the life of a christian. There are a lot of people who attend church every Sunday who, according to the Bible, will end up in the same place as people who lead overtly "evil" lives.

That is one of the very very very big misperceptions that is perpetuated by today's church. Worshipping God does NOT equal going to church. Attending church is meaningless unless it is a part of the life of a christian. There are a lot of people who attend church every Sunday who, according to the Bible, will end up in the same place as people who lead overtly "evil" lives.

Mmm hmm.

Beastly, remember the thing I told you about posts.

If they don't contribute anything, don't post them...

:bang  :bang  :bang

Come on you beast.

You fail to realize that beastly's post has turned into a rather good discussion about religion.

Perhaps you should look at what this post turned into, and not how it began. Lay off Beastly, he made a point, a bit immature but I do happen to agree with him. If Beastly had not made this thread, we would not be having this discussion. Therefore Beastly followed your instructions and contributed to the site.

Beastly, I congratulate you, a wsc post would not have turned into an enlightening, discussion such as this.

Thats my thoughts as well.

apparently you didn't read the responses to why that was a bad post...

Beastly, remember the thing I told you about posts.

If they don't contribute anything, don't post them...

:bang  :bang  :bang

Come on you beast.

Yeah but BEGOOD and I love em...and Cubssuck1...just talk about women...thats the purpose of the threads...whether its you wanting to tell a past expirience...or anything on a date, its all good!

I know their are reasons to say that isn't ok. I just have my philosphy that people should be good. Good people get rewarded.

I worship god at home and treat people right. I don't feel I need to go to church because I see too many people there complete jerkoffs the rest of the week. I'm not gonna accuse everyone of that cause there are plenty of good Christians.

It's not a bad post, it's a different opinion from yours. I had my fill of the holier than thou clergy in the Catholic religion sinning and then getting protected and rewarded by those in charge.

I worship god at home and treat people right.  I don't feel I need to go to church because I see too many people there complete jerkoffs the rest of the week.

Just like those people who worship at health clubs and gyms, lifting all those weights and running all those miles. I see them drinking a beer and even visiting a Doctor. They aren't any better than those poeple who stay at home on the couch and wind up sitting next to them in the Doctor's office. The couch potatos believe in fitness to, they just don't believe you have to get off the couch and do anything. The hypocrites, lifting weights.

How did we go from Hot Latino minors to religion?

Everyone here has to agree there is something important about connecting with people who believe or have a common interest in something you do. Hence we're here at SOXtalk.com.

Same thing with organized religion. Getting together with like minded people can be very powerful in your life. There is a Church out there that you will be comfortable in. From the most strict to the most open. Don't like organized? Find a disorganized. Having that cornerstone is rewarding and powerful. It's somewhere to turn at different moments of your life. It's having an extended family that celebrates your joy and comforts your sorrow.

There's plenty of room for another hypocrit in every Church.

A teacher appears when the student is ready.

It's not a bad post, it's a different opinion from yours. I had my fill of the holier than thou clergy in the Catholic religion sinning and then getting protected and rewarded by those in charge.

by "bad" I mean, inconsistent with the arguement. When Jesus was asked which commandment should be most adhered to, he said, first love the Lord with all your mind, soul, body, and strength and then he said love thy neighbor as they self.

Worship and love the Lord at your utmost and then(simultaneously) love everyone as though they were you(we all love ourselves a whole lot...)

the single greatest cause of Atheism is Christians.

by "bad" I mean, inconsistent with the arguement. When Jesus was asked which commandment should be most adhered to, he said, first love the Lord with all your mind, soul, body, and strength and then he said love thy neighbor as they self.

Worship and love the Lord at your utmost and then(simultaneously) love everyone as though they were you(we all love ourselves a whole lot...)

the single greatest cause of Atheism is Christians.

Just keep in mind, judge not lest ye be judged.