6/19/22 GT White Sox @ Houston 6:08 Kopech vs Javier

wegner

Just now, Chick Mercedes said:

It is still amazing that Tony has yet another coherent lineup that features a degree of consistency. What the fuck was wrong with him for dozens and dozens and dozens of game to this point that has changed?

The "we hate everything he does" explanation is the front office forced him to or he sobered up. 

A "let's assume he isn't a total idiot" explanation is he was trying to shake things up with guys underperforming. Fisk once credited Tony with helping him break out of a slump by moving him up to 2nd in the order. We also don't know what minor injuries they were hiding. 

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

I know it's fashionable to blame Hahn, but he has to work within the contract framework that Jerry will allow at any given time. 

IMO the blame is with ownership putting handcuffs on the FO, scouting dept and other areas that would help the team. 

If Jerry doesn't want to invest in sabes, advance scouts, long term deals, and in the international market then Hahn and Paddy are hamstrung by it

Jerry is an awful person and needs to be gone, but it's not his fault that Hahn thought Harrison would be an upgrade over Leury/Mendick.

3 minutes ago, CentralChamps21 said:

If I ever catch anybody's first home run, anything less than a fully stocked 200 level suite (with nobody carding) for a Friday night home game with fireworks after the game is not getting the ball.

Are the fireworks so you can get out of the lot easier with a lot of people staying? That's usually my plan.