6/19/22 GT White Sox @ Houston 6:08 Kopech vs Javier

wegner

I'd like someone to ask Tony after the game about Kopech's leg, and to get a bit more explanation from Hahn tomorrow during his typical "return to home" press Q & A he has.

My primary questions are to get a better explanation in terms of the impact of the pain / discomfort / loss of traction or strength in Kopech's leg while he "pitches through it". A follow-up is what is Katz and the training staff doing to monitor him in game, and what precautions are they taking in terms of what they are watching for to pull him if they see any issues with changed mechanics or discomfort.

1 minute ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Maybe. Think of this as him getting a feel back for his stuff while pitching with a sore knee. He may discover he can let it rip a little more next time.

Yeah, I'm not going to overreact to an outing a week after having to leave a game in the first inning.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wegner said:

I missed the 2nd homer....another cheapy??

It was a bit too high to go out in most stadiums. Would it Dong said it's only a homer in 4 of 30 stadiums. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

Ballgame

Should be the last we see of Big Energy but Mendick will go down until the next soft tissue issue.

This team has zero power

The team has not been able to take advantage of the Crawford boxes.  The Astros are peppering those boxes and killing us with homers. Sox have the fourth lowest homer count in the majors.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Heads22 said:

he was dfa'd after giving up so many runs to our offense

Wow.....miss a little miss alot...why are they letting him stay on the bench?  Poor guy.  I hope Kate makes him feel better.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, CentralChamps21 said:

He's going to sign a jersey for the kid who caught the first home run ball. Just leave it muted and don't ask questions.

Great advice and will do.  And thanks. 

11 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

I'd like someone to ask Tony after the game about Kopech's leg, and to get a bit more explanation from Hahn tomorrow during his typical "return to home" press Q & A he has.

My primary questions are to get a better explanation in terms of the impact of the pain / discomfort / loss of traction or strength in Kopech's leg while he "pitches through it". A follow-up is what is Katz and the training staff doing to monitor him in game, and what precautions are they taking in terms of what they are watching for to pull him if they see any issues with changed mechanics or discomfort.

This team treats any injury as top secret. Fans will know nothing

3 minutes ago, wegner said:

I'm muted...why do they keep showing Verlander?

If you want to know why unmute it damn it .

Kid who caught the 1st HR of Manaiwhoever career wanted a JV jersey . Astros said no . Then a Gurriel jersey again Astros said no. They settled on something else then it turns out Verlander said he would sign a jersey for the kid.

5 minutes ago, wegner said:

4 minutes ago, CentralChamps21 said:

He's going to sign a jersey for the kid who caught the first home run ball. Just leave it muted and don't ask questions.

And they were promoting a piece going up on YouTube where I think Buster interviews him 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, wegner said:

It's been pro Houston from the very start.  ESPN seems like that in most sports broadcasts.  I wish the sox would never play on this network again. 

• Love 1