Sox vs Minny 7/4/22 game thread Sweet Home Chicago, without Tony

2 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

The Sox preach a middle-away approach with all of their young hitters and it's very tough to hit for power when you're doing that. AV's power is to the pull side and he doesn't tap into it nearly enough.

Yesterday Ozzie joked how the Sox should send hitters down to AAA to work with the hitting coach there or call that hitting coach up. Not sure if he meant it as a dig towards Menichino, but it sure sounded like it. 

Edited by ron883

Just now, caulfield12 said:

The Sox don't deserve to go anywhere in the post season if all they can muster is 1-8 against the Twins and Guardians.

The woeful Tigers are in the process of doubling our victory output against the Guardians in a single day, for God's sake.

Well they will be sellers in three weeks if they can’t find a way to start beating the Twins and Guardians.  Seems like this offense is just never going to get on track.

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

The Twins just have a better lineup and having better at bats.  The Sox lack any plan at the plate.

Other than Abreu at first and Anderson vs. Correa, what Twins' player isn't better this year?

DH spot I guess.

Urshela has been better overall than the combination of Moncada Burger Harrison.

Edited by caulfield12

4 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

C'mon, you know they won't sell. 

If they can't get to Bundy...

The Sox of course will find a way to beat Ryan or Archer because we're cursed to hang around the race and not make any dramatic moves one way or the other.  Then it will be back to 5.5 GB and barely alive.

But the way the Tigers are going now they might sign a death warrant for this Sox season.

Edited by caulfield12

Just now, maxjusttyped said:

Don't let this Cueto performance go to waste

I don't think Cueto has really had a really bad start this year. Yet he's got like 4 losses cause we don't give him any run support. 

I get that his defense has sucked and he was slumping, but it feels like we miss Burger’s ability to win games by hitting the ball out of the park.  He has 2-3 games where his bat won the game for the Sox by itself. 

• Like 1

Just now, fathom said:

I get that his defense has sucked and he was slumping, but it feels like we miss Burger’s ability to win games by hitting the ball out of the park.  He has 2-3 games where his bat won the game for the Sox by itself. 

How many more runs would the Twins have if he was playing third tonight?