Sox vs Minny 7/4/22 game thread Sweet Home Chicago, without Tony

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

I'm not sure what the fuck he's doing. He's only throwing curve balls and change ups and no sinkers. Can't be hard to hit when he only has 1 speed basically. 

His change up before tonight was third best pitch and only used 5% of the time.   Of course he couldn't locate it when he hardly ever throws it.

Kelly Engel Robert TLR 1919 Black Soxed this one.

You guys can rip me all you want or say it's hyperbole. Yeah I'm pissed at Kelly walking people and throwing BP that inning. Must be nice in this day and age to be a totally mediocre at best reliever and make the kind of cash he makes. My gosh some of these players are stealing money figuratively speaking.

Joe Kelly ... geez you ain't gonna win anything of note with him as one of your bullpen studs. Nice acquisition Sox scouts and Hahn and Tony.

Just now, 2Deep said:

Not sure about lazy but he's just not good

He drifted on that ball and let both guys tag.  There’s been quite a few times this year where he went so slowly after the ball that he gave up additional bases.  Whatever dumbass suggested he can play RF should be out of baseball.

• Thanks 1

Just now, TheFutureIsNear said:

Ultimately we (most likely) lost because of an 8 to 5 triple play. Can’t make that up…consistent inept team play should fall on the managers shoulders. All-star break is perfect time to make the change. And fire the hitting coach to the moon too

I'm pretty sure the difference in win expectancy between 1st and 3rd and 1 out vs. out of the inning there is something like 30%. So yeah, that's pretty much why we lost. 

Just now, greg775 said:

You guys can rip me all you want or say it's hyperbole. Yeah I'm pissed at Kelly walking people and throwing BP that inning. Must be nice in this day and age to be a totally mediocre at best reliever and make the kind of cash he makes. My gosh some of these players are stealing money figuratively speaking.

Joe Kelly ... geez you ain't gonna win anything of note with him as one of your bullpen studs. Nice acquisition Sox scouts and Hahn and Tony.

ya fuck joe kelly and his wiseal has snide little self.

when he goes out there to me it doesnt look like he gives a fuck... he wont throw a fastball and just out there hoping they swing at garbage.

He is horrible.

Just now, fathom said:

He drifted on that ball and let both guys tag.  There’s been quite a few times this year where he went so slowly after the ball that he gave up additional bases.  Whatever dumbass suggested he can play RF should be out of baseball.

The cross winds the cross winds.  That really did look like a medium depth fly out.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

The most jarring thing to me about Pollock is how bad he's been defensively. I watch a lot of West Coast baseball and never in a million years saw this coming.

1 minute ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I've seen this ump call pitches below the zone for strikes against Sox players and there's one in the zone not called a strike against the Sox pitcher.

HP ump was clearly in on the fix, too.

Didn't get one 50/50 call all night.

1 minute ago, harkness99 said:

ya fuck joe kelly and his wiseal has snide little self.

when he goes out there to me it doesnt look like he gives a fuck... he wont throw a fastball and just out there hoping they swing at garbage.

He is horrible.

Kelly is a perfect example of a guy that if we went to the plate and do not swing he will walk you