GT 7/5: MIN @ SOX, The day after

Part of me wants them to call it and get it over with, part of me wants it to drag out as long as possible so the Sox have to sit there and stare at that lopsided score and think about what they did.

Hopefully Eloy coming back sparks this team because I have no clue what else will work.

• Thanks 1

Just now, almagest said:

Part of me wants them to call it and get it over with, part of me wants it to drag out as long as possible so the Sox have to sit there and stare at that lopsided score and think about what they did.

Hopefully Eloy coming back sparks this team because I have no clue what else will work.

Menechino will screw his hitting up. 

1 minute ago, almagest said:

Eloy will come back and do what everyone else does, grounders

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

Yeah I don’t trust Hahn and the front office with another rebuild.

A comment I heard from a non fan is why make your team worse in this division.  It makes sense.  I know there's a lot of kneejerk reactions.  The worst kneejerk reaction was hiring Tony.   They get it wrong hiring no managers with experience and they got it wrong hiring a manager with experience.  

I don't think this was Hahn's choice. 

2 minutes ago, Middle Buffalo said:

I’m sure someone is giving an inspired, Jason Hayward-esque speech for when the game resumes. 

My guess - TLR. Comeback’s all but guaranteed.

TLR is begging to just end the game to save the bullpen an inning more of work…

either that or he’s excited for his nap in his office

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

A comment I heard from a non fan is why make your team worse in this division.  It makes sense.  I know there's a lot of kneejerk reactions.  The worst kneejerk reaction was hiring Tony.   They get it wrong hiring no managers with experience and they got it wrong hiring a manager with experience.  

I don't think this was Hahn's choice. 

Do you think TLR will retire? Who do you they will hire if that happens?

Edited by maloney.adam

1 minute ago, maloney.adam said:

What do you think will happen? TLR will retire? Who do you they will hire if that happens?

If it's not a younger guy like Jirschele but another TLR or Sox insider loyalist crony the fan base will revolt...by becoming even more apathetic.

19 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I'm at the lowest point of my fandom as an adult. That's all. A very solipsistic view but one I'm sure is shared by quite a few people around 30-50.

I honestly can't remember a team that I disliked more over the last almost 25 years.  There just aren't many baseball players on this team.  There are a bunch of athletes that are larping as baseball players and have the baseball IQ of a tree root.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

If it's not a younger guy like Jirschele but another TLR or Sox insider loyalist crony the fan base will revolt...by becoming even more apathetic.

or a former Sox player with no manager experience that we can't stand and forgot what great players they were, that madness has to stop

Just now, maloney.adam said:

AJ Pierzynski?

Hiring AJ without experience is a stupid stupid stupid stupid move.  See Ventura, Robin.  Everyone conflates, OMG HE IS A CATCHER, CATCHERS MAKE GOOD MANAGERS.  This would be a failure and we might as well rebuild again.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, soulfly said:

I honestly can't remember a team that I disliked more over the last almost 25 years.  There just aren't many baseball players on this team.  There are a bunch of athletes that are larping as baseball players and have the baseball IQ of a tree root.

There was the Manuel years.  Did they over achieve or underachieve?  White flag year when Lamont used callups to pitch to Cleveland.  Ruffcorn was a bust but no conditions for big league success when you faced the Indians.

Dislike for ownership probably began with Sportsvision.