"I'm not gonna risk my health..."

The Critic

David Wells, of course!

Said that his back was a little tight during warmups and flared up in the 1st inning.

I don't doubt that - he looked uncomfortable and sweaty in the first.

But AGAIN - he can't have it both ways! You CAN NOT laugh it up about how you don't work out and THEN turn into SuperConcernedAboutMyHealth Man when your neglect of a KNOWN PROBLEM comes back to bite you in your big fat ass.

And ONCE AGAIN, Sox fans should not be surprised about his fatness affecting his back OR about his quiting on the team. Sox fans have seen BOTH of these things up close.

What he SHOULD have said, instead of "I just want to be able to walk in ten years" ( gimme a f***in' break, by the way ) is "I just don't want to discourage any other teams from signing me next year by getting carted off the field".

He is a jackass, and I really hope nobody signs him next year.

Does anyone else remember when he was playing for us durring interleague play against that Cubs, and Baylor had like the first two or three batters come to the plate and bunt back toward to mound for hits. Knocked him out of the ballgame cuz he hurt his back. What an Ass. I 'm surprised that more teams don't take it to him. This is the smae guy blasting Frank for not "sucking it up". :fyou Wells

Does anyone else remember when he was playing for us durring interleague play against that Cubs, and Baylor had like the first two or three batters come to the plate and bunt back toward to mound for hits.  Knocked him out of the ballgame cuz he hurt his back.  What an Ass.  I 'm surprised that more teams don't take it to him.  This is the smae guy blasting Frank for not "sucking it up".  :fyou Wells

I thought he didnt even last till interleague play :bang

Heard da Scrubbies want him to replace Estes in their rotation next yr.

Oh jeezus let's hope so. I'd have to tune into a few games during the year just to watch his fatass bat too! :lol:

I personally wouldn't though. I'd use Cruz in the #5 spot....he's an OK starter, and he could be a pretty good #5 starter too.

Oh jeezus let's hope so.  I'd have to tune into a few games during the year just to watch his fatass bat too!  :lol:

I personally wouldn't though.  I'd use Cruz in the #5 spot....he's an OK starter, and he could be a pretty good #5 starter too.

Cruz is going to be good. I don't get if they won't give him a shot at being the #5 starter, why they just don't deal him, because he sucks out of the pen.

Agreed.

The guy mocked all the starting pitchers who work out and keep themselves in shape, praised his "rubber arm", and then made the comment that "I'll write a book about how NOT to stay in shape."

The next night, he tweaked his back bending over in the 1st inning. What a putz.

It couldn't have happened to a bigger jerkoff. I'm going on a whale-watching cruise in San Diego in March - when I see one surface with a Yankees cap, I'll let my wife know that David Wells finally found employment.

David Wells. Pfffft.

:dips***