Sooooo.....who are you selling?

Heads22

4 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

So we're basically punting on next season?

Hahn can competently fill three gaping rotation holes?

Lambert & Martin? 

Sounds like where the Cubs are this season in their teardown.

The Twins trading away Cruz and Berrios at the deadline last year is a huge part of the reason why they're going to win the division this season. I never said anything about punting next season, but I think trading Lynn or Hendriks for prospect capital (particularly for a starter that's in the majors or AAA) would make a lot of sense.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

Probably shouldn't sell, because there is slim chance that Hahn will get Hostetler to dispatch his scouts to adequately evaluate the minor league systems of teams that would be interested in Sox players.  He'd be trading off of prospect ranking lists.

Hire Phil Rogers and Bruce Levine.

Would actually be better off just hiring everyone at FG or Baseball America.

9 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

The Twins trading away Cruz and Berrios at the deadline last year is a huge part of the reason why they're going to win the division this season. I never said anything about punting next season, but I think trading Lynn or Hendriks for prospect capital (particularly for a starter that's in the majors or AAA) would make a lot of sense.

I would only trust that if you flipped front offices with CLE, TB, MIL, HOU, LAD, ATL, SFG or MIN.

Letting Hahn do it again is insane.

Edited by caulfield12
  • Like 3

Just now, caulfield12 said:

I would only trust that if you flipped front offices with CLE, TB, MIL, HOU, LAD, ATL, SFC or MIN.

Letting Hahn do it again is insane.

So is the idea of leaving the roster as is and not making any trades. Hahn isn't going anywhere so putting putting transactions on hold until there's a new owner isn't realistic at all.

Hahn better not be allowed to touch any sort of sale and or retooling / rebuild.  He is terrible at his job.  The entire FO can follow him to go infest other teams front offices around the league.

Start with getting rid of that idiot.  But until that happens, this team better remain intact.  Get rid of him now and bring in someone to figure this out before the trade deadline. 

• Like 2
  • Hawk 1

58 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I kinda want Hahn fired before selling anyone 

This is fine. Fire whoever. But firing Rick Hahn doesn't fix anything. So you let Jeremy Haber take over? Kenny is still there so it doesn't matter. Kenny has tentacles everywhere. Darryl Boston on the coaching staff, his dipshit son is 2nd in command of the minor leagues and they rehired Steverson to do some scouting. This entire organization needs an enema. Without the full house cleaning, it doesn't matter. And that's just not happening. 

• Like 4
  • Fire 1

3 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

So is the idea of leaving the roster as is and not making any trades. Hahn isn't going anywhere so putting putting transactions on hold until there's a new owner isn't realistic at all.

Why does Hahn deserve a lifetime employment contract?  JR will suddenly reverse course to blame TLR instead?

• Hawk 1

Just now, Y2Jimmy0 said:

This is fine. Fire whoever. But firing Rick Hahn doesn't fix anything. So you let Jeremy Haber take over? Kenny is still there so it doesn't matter. Kenny has tentacles everywhere. Darryl Boston on the coaching staff, his dipshit son is 2nd in command of the minor leagues and they rehired Steverson to do some scouting. This entire organization needs an enema. Without the full house cleaning, it doesn't matter. And that's just not happening. 

I don't disagree. Absent JR selling/croaking, the best we can ask for is new eyes. 

1 minute ago, Tony said:

We gotta stop these threads. It isn't happening. I just don't see many scenarios where Rick Hahn is selling off major pieces at the deadline.

Also don't disagree. If anything, they'll buy in hopes of sparking the team. The best we can hope for is that they stand pat. 

Just now, Y2Jimmy0 said:

"It" is the key word here. 

"It" is everything. None of what we are watching matters, because with this current structure in place, they aren't achieving anything that is going to get us excited as fans. This is who they are. Aside from falling ass backwards in 2005, they've proven time and time again that they are light years behind the elite teams in MLB. 

Year after year, season after season.....the joke is on us for still hanging around. We're the assholes. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

https://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/white-sox/ct-spt-daryl-boston-white-sox-20180504-story.html

Boston's brother, not son

Said this in the last thread. The guys who you should be moving are:

Gravemann, Cueto, Lopez. 

Possibly moving: McGuire (happy to listen to offers but white sox could have use for him too)

Abreu: up to him if he wants to be moving. He would have suitors and return something of value. 

Most of the other guys are either: Guys who you expect to have their value grow because they're young, guys whose value is depressed because of bad years or injury, and guys who are plain worthless. None of them likely to bring enough of a return to justify moving them.

• Like 2

Just now, Balta1701 said:

Gravemann, Cueto, Lopez. 

Possibly moving: McGuire (happy to listen to offers but white sox could have use for him too)

Abreu: up to him if he wants to be moving. He would have suitors and return something of value. 

Most of the other guys are either: Guys who you expect to have their value grow because they're young, guys whose value is depressed because of bad years or injury, and guys who are plain worthless. None of them likely to bring enough of a return to justify moving them.

Might as well trade Hendriks and Graveman, see if Lopez can close in the second half...not just September.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tony said:

We gotta stop these threads. It isn't happening. I just don't see many scenarios where Rick Hahn is selling off major pieces at the deadline.

I can see them selling a few pieces in order to reduce payroll. Jerry doesn't want to pay big time bucks for a losing team

• Like 1

Just now, caulfield12 said:

Might as well trade Hendriks and Graveman, see if Lopez can close in the second half...not just September.

No one is paying Hendriks's value, not with his screwy contract structure that makes him way more expensive to any team in the tax, and a forearm injury. Graveman however is far more affordable and has not been recently injured. 

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

Gravemann, Cueto, Lopez. 

I  wonder what an extension with Lopez would look like. He didn't sign for much with Washington, arbitration won't pay him a ton because he isn't getting wins or saves, but I think he's already better than all of the expensive relievers aside from Hendriks. It'd take a lot for me to deal him, and I'm not sure what the trade market for him would look like considering the track record of him being good is quite limited.

Just now, Balta1701 said:

No one is paying Hendriks's value, not with his screwy contract structure that makes him way more expensive to any team in the tax, and a forearm injury. Graveman however is far more affordable and has not been recently injured. 

I definitely think a big market team like the Mets or Dodgers would take Hendriks assuming the medicals check out. He'll be the best reliever on the market by a mile.

2 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

I  wonder what an extension with Lopez would look like. He didn't sign for much with Washington, arbitration won't pay him a ton because he isn't getting wins or saves, but I think he's already better than all of the expensive relievers aside from Hendriks. It'd take a lot for me to deal him, and I'm not sure what the trade market for him would look like considering the track record of him being good is quite limited.

If Lopez continues being a quality reliever, we 100% know what the contract looks like for him - 2 to 3 years at $20 to $30 million  total. We keep signing relievers for that money.