Nightengale: Sox have clubhouse issues

chw42

15 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Morgues have livelier celebrations.

Hell, calling 2022 Corpseball is an insult to Jerry Manuel 

It's a lot easier to get along when you're winning. 

It could be that this team has had issues in the clubhouse for a while now and that all the losing this year is finally airing some of the dirty laundry that's been masked by the team winning the previous 2 years. 

24 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

Not that this is telling us anything we didn't already know, but there is really nothing left TLR does well if he can't hold a clubhouse together

Things I expected TLR to be good at when he was hired:

1. Has playoff experience

2. Knows how to manage a clubhouse

Things TLR is actually good at:

Edited by chw42
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 2
  • TLR 1

8 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Hopefully this is Rick Hahn and/or Kenny Williams trying to get Tony to leave or Jerry to let them fire him.

The org (JR) throwing his players under the bus as cover for not firing his bestie, since he can’t admit that bringing him back was a massive fuck up. 

• Like 2
  • TLR 1

Seems like a motivation strategy by the FO. Leak some Damaging info (whether real or not) about the to team to their favorite journalist. Players on the team take offense to their dirty laundry being publicized. Maybe this brings them closer and motivates them to play better. Maybe this generates a  “Us against them” mentality. Maybe I need a tinfoil hat. 

There was a level of joy and togetherness surrounding this team in 2019 + 2020 which made them so fun to watch. That's been gone the last 2 seasons. I think the confidence they played with, the change the game attitude etc is something that should have made this group of players special and it's pretty much gone now. Maybe that's all projecting because I don't like TLR, but just putting aside the tactical stuff which we all know he's terrible at, what he's (seemingly) done to hurt the clubhouse culture has made this team so much less fun to watch on a daily basis.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Hawk 1

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

The question is it coming Jerry or KW?  I feel like Hahn uses Passan or someone else for his leaks.

Me personally I think it’s JR blaming the players in defense of TLR.  I don’t think KW or RH would bite the hand that feeds them unless they had one foot out the door. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Things I expected TLR to be good at when he was hired:

1. Has playoff experience

2. Knows how to manage a clubhouse

Things TLR is actually good at:

1. Playing Leury Legend everyday

2. Leaving starters in too long

3. Lineup Variety

Fixed

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Me personally I think it’s JR blaming the players in defense of TLR.  I don’t think KW or RH would bite the hand that feeds them unless they had one foot out the door. 

I think you're right. It seems obvious just from connecting a few dots Jerry is a source for Bob, right? But it's remarkable to me that he wouldn't see leaking the clubhouse is in a bad spot as a direct indictment of his handpicked manager.

• Like 1