Nightengale: Sox have clubhouse issues

chw42

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I maintain my conspiracy theory we see some action over the All Star break, but Tony getting fired seems like an unattainable dream.  That being said, this tweet creates the smallest amount of hope for me that Tony may not be bulletproof.

A precursor to some salary shedding deals perhaps?  IDK.  Maybe I’m too far down the rabbit hole. 

• Fire 1

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Leury is obviously Iron Man in this one, but who is the Captain America leading the resistance against Tony?  My sleeper guess is definitely Big Energy.  I could see Legend and him clashing.

TLR is clearly Captain America, cause they're probably about the same age. 

• Haha 4

12 minutes ago, Its all Robert said:

Seems like a motivation strategy by the FO. Leak some Damaging info (whether real or not) about the to team to their favorite journalist. Players on the team take offense to their dirty laundry being publicized. Maybe this brings them closer and motivates them to play better. Maybe this generates a  “Us against them” mentality. Maybe I need a tinfoil hat. 

Sounds more like an Ozzie tactic.

Maybe that he's the better choice as manager?

Edited by caulfield12

13 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

The question is it coming Jerry or KW?  I feel like Hahn uses Passan or someone else for his leaks.

I feel like this is NOT Jerry.  Between the initial TLR leak, and now this one, neither reflected well on the team/organization.   Going after Tony in the media seems like Rick or Kenny.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

I think you're right. It seems obvious just from connecting a few dots Jerry is a source for Bob, right? But it's remarkable to me that he wouldn't see leaking the clubhouse is in a bad spot as a direct indictment of his handpicked manager.

Bob is very specific to put the onus on a lack of player leadership.  It’s a shot across the players’ bow.  Yes it doesn’t reflect well on the handpicked manager, but I see it as an attempt to control the narrative.  JR has to be aware of the fan disapproval, both at the gate and at the game, but he’s gonna do things his way including keeping said manager despite the colossal failure the hiring has been. 

• Like 2

Just now, Tnetennba said:

Bob is very specific to put the onus on a lack of player leadership.  It’s a shot across the players’ bow.  Yes it doesn’t reflect well on the handpicked manager, but I see it as an attempt to control the narrative.  JR has to be aware of the fan disapproval, both at the gate and at the game, but he’s gonna do things his way including keeping said manager despite the colossal failure the hiring has been. 

The most obvious clique is the Moncada/Grandal/Robert one...

9 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

I agree with this. It specifically mentions player leadership.  This is designed to blame the players.

• Like 1
  • Hawk 1

10 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I feel like this is NOT Jerry.  Between the initial TLR leak, and now this one, neither reflected well on the team/organization.   Going after Tony in the media seems like Rick or Kenny.

Nightengale was also the one clueless enough to say that DUI wasn’t a real crime for someone as important as LaRussa with no concept of how that would come across.

They specifically wrote that this is a “lack of player leadership”. Could they be out of touch enough to believe that this would come across as “it’s all the players’ fault” and not “hey what the hell are the coaches doing”? If this was leaked to Nightengale, I can’t see it coming from anyone other than JR or LaRussa himself.

• TLR 3

Hate to say it but if there's clubhouse disunity Sox have themselves to blame for firing Renteria.

Managers don't make much of a difference and Renteria should still be the skipper. Getting fired after leading them to the playoffs was b.s. I had some problems with RR with moves in the playoffs but looking back they probably aren't his fault. Front office prolly had some input in his moves.

Karma maybe hitting the Sox for an unfair firing. You can't tell me RR deserved to get axed after leading a historically mediocre franchise to a playoff berth.

• Thanks 3

I think the leak comes from JR trying to deflect blame off of TLR right before an 8 game in 7 night stretch against the two teams ahead of you in the standings, so if and when everything goes south over the next week JR can look back and blame the players not the HOF manager.

• Like 2
  • TLR 2

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Since we’re throwing out guesses for fun, I’m going with issues caused by the player who seems distracted far too often on the field and has teammates that didn’t seem overly excited he made the ASG.

The team was ready to fight the Yankees for TA. What's changed? 

32 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Nightengale was also the one clueless enough to say that DUI wasn’t a real crime for someone as important as LaRussa with no concept of how that would come across.

They specifically wrote that this is a “lack of player leadership”. Could they be out of touch enough to believe that this would come across as “it’s all the players’ fault” and not “hey what the hell are the coaches doing”? If this was leaked to Nightengale, I can’t see it coming from anyone other than JR or LaRussa himself.

For a guy who has been doing this for 40 years to not realize how stupid and ineffective this makes Tony sound doesn't seem plausible.