7/12 GT Gm 1 @NoonCT: Sox play 2 today, if you care

ChiSox59

1 minute ago, fathom said:

It’s hard to imagine a manager ever having a worse season that Tony.  Sucks on the field and players not getting along in the clubhouse.  He truly killed this franchise.

I had a really good feeling he would be bad but never expected him to be this bad

Bieber will go 9 innings and throw about 95 pitches.

This team sickens me with their approach.  I have coached kids all my life in baseball and any of those teams had a better approach and plate discipline then this team.

Fucking pathetic!!!! 

Just now, 2Deep said:

Bieber will go 9 innings and throw about 95 pitches.

This team sickens me with their approach.  I have coached kids all my life in baseball and any of those teams had a better approach and plate discipline then this team.

Fucking pathetic!!!! 

They’ve quit on Tony.  Come on, we have players telling their opponents how bad the clubhouse is.

I thought the talent would be good enough to overcome 

Yep, I thought as bad as it would get is we win 90-95 games and get ousted in the first round of the playoffs.

This is considerably worse.

Just now, fathom said:

They’ve quit on Tony.  Come on, we have players telling their opponents how bad the clubhouse is.

Then why should we have to deal with this while the FO sits on their ass.  I say next fucking homestand no one goes to the damn games.

Just now, T R U said:

Yep, I thought as bad as it would get is we win 90-95 games and get ousted in the first round of the playoffs.

This is considerably worse.

This is legit franchise-altering.  I don’t know how they try to run it back if this keeps going this way.  

8 minutes ago, fathom said:

These are the type of games where Hahn should be ashamed of how he did nothing to help this team against tough RHP.  What was he expecting, Cleveland to trade all their good righties?

The White Sox are 62-100 or something like that since 2012 against the Indians.

The White Sox have been built this way under Williams and there are a few threads about it on this site currently. 

Any RHP they will struggle against and with poor defense the more you put the ball in play the more your weak defense is exposed. 

The White Sox have one what I would call a professional hitter and that is Abreu and that goes away from time to time when he goes into major funks.  They buy into the hype of the Eloy, Anderson, Robert, etc which are exposed at the MLB level.  You see Sheets has changed up his approach as he realized MLB pitching is pretty good.  Anderson was progressing that way but he seems to be unable to manage the life of a professional baseball player which is sad. 

The rest of this team is guess hitters and over swinging fools.

Just now, 2Deep said:

Then why should we have to deal with this while the FO sits on their ass.  I say next fucking homestand no one goes to the damn games.

They are about to be so far out of the race you might just have that happen 

This is legit franchise-altering.  I don’t know how they try to run it back if this keeps going this way.  

Change the fucking manager and get a guy with some FIRE and you see how quickly this might change 

Edited by 2Deep
  • Fire 1

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

I thought the talent would be good enough to overcome 

I hoped it would be.  Then injury and regression hit hard.  I don't know if the Yankees roster could overcome TLR's ineptitude though.

The biggest reason the rebuild has failed is Eloy and Yoan aren’t the potential MVP caliber players they were supposed to be.  Eloy was supposed to be on par with Yordan Alvarez, if not better.   Yoan was supposed to be a 30/30 guy at the top of the order.  Timmy has overachieved from what the expectations were.

2 minutes ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

They are about to be so far out of the race you might just have that happen 

My two high school son's have written them off.  They got pretty fired up in 2019 and 2020 and last year was good but now they have moved to better things do.

This team just sucks so bad it is not entertaining to watch.  Watching players that don't give a shit is not entertainment. 

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Unfortunately, Tony is not the only problem with this team.

The lack of monetary support from the owner to fill holes on the roster is a problem. The gluttony of 1B/DH plodders is a problem. The empty farm system is a problem.

The future is not bright here.

Just now, fathom said:

The biggest reason the rebuild has failed is Eloy and Yoan aren’t the potential MVP caliber players they were supposed to be.  Eloy was supposed to be on par with Yordan Alvarez, if not better.   Yoan was supposed to be a 30/30 guy at the top of the order.  Timmy has overachieved from what the expectations were.

I agree............but inept moves by FO and owner putting a corpse into manage has had a lot to do with that