7/12 GT Gm 1 @NoonCT: Sox play 2 today, if you care

ChiSox59

5 minutes ago, bmags said:

My struggle with this is I don't want Hahn making decisions right now. This is gonna be like Stan Bowman trading for Seth Jones.

The Bowman/Jones stuff was worse because Bowman was going to be gone in a few months when that trade was made, and ownership let him do it anyway. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

4 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Youre right. If winning were important, they would go tell LaRussa to get lost in between games. Every postgame press conference, he's as sleepy as his players played that day. 

It's time JR, KW, and RH showed some life and did something.

The GM is not allowed to in this case.  I have to wonder if KW thinks Tony should go along with the coaching staff.   The problem is they are not going to remove JR's choice of manager.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

I’m actually beginning to think Tony and Hahn get fired in a week.  KW takes over as acting GM.

KW is very jerry angeloey and maybe we look back too fondly because he screwed that team over so badly by not investing in it. But the draft rules were made so much more favorably under Hahn. Same with INTL.

And at LEAST for KW you can point to their Major League scouting and org Strength Development and Health as components of the org that were legitimately league leading.

But also the guy let go of Jim Thome for Mark Kotsay, and went after Manny Ramirez and killed that 2010 team (the most fun non-sox playoff team of all time).

Thank you for reading my re-hashing of Kenny Williams.

4 minutes ago, Tony said:

Man, that Ramirez decision is just the perfect example of the entire TLR problem. My goodness. 

See I would think Observed Analytics would catch that it's an 0-1 count or an 0-2 count.

Just now, HahnsKiddieTable said:

He could not answer Jason’s question on why you would intentionally walk Ramirez on an 0-1 count. Literally couldn’t form a sentence without chuckling 

2 weeks ago, Stone would not have been questioning the skipper. 

A lot going on here.  With the Bob article, then Kenny coming down, Thomas calling out the BS on the postgame, then Ozzie the same last night, and now the leading Cheerleader in Stone following the line now..... Heads are about to roll. 

Hopefully it's not just LaRussa but better take Hahn with him.   They are both equally at fault at this point, and I'd say Hahn is actually higher for me. 

• Like 1

Just now, reiks12 said:

Anyone else hoping the Sox keep playing like this? Like really tank, im hoping for 15 losses in a row. 

I hope at the very least they win very few games between now and August 5th. After that, whoever is left can get their shit together for next year. 

2 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

The irony is Reinsdorf did more to hurt TLR's reputation than fix any "mistake" he had made. TLR will always be looked at as a laughingstock, even in Cardinals territory. I have a lot of Cardinals friends and they ask me how its going with him. They are all well aware even if the national audience isnt. 

If he weren't already in the HOF, would his second Sox tenure hurt his chances?  Make writers look more critically at his latter STL days?  Give him less credit for his roided A's teams?  It really does feel like all of his accolades are hollow and his successes benefited from a number of external factors beyond his coaching acumen.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, reiks12 said:

Anyone else hoping the Sox keep playing like this? Like really tank, im hoping for 15 losses in a row. 

Only if it leads to the firing of the manager and hitting coach. Otherwise, it's players who will be needed to be good in the future for the Sox to have a chance and I'd rather they not suck.

2 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

The GM is not allowed to in this case.  I have to wonder if KW thinks Tony should go along with the coaching staff.   The problem is they are not going to remove JR's choice of manager.

Just tell him there will be a financial windfall if they get rid of Tony, and JR will take his private jet to Cleveland to give Tony the news personally. 

Just now, CentralChamps21 said:

Only if it leads to the firing of the manager and hitting coach. Otherwise, it's players who will be needed to be good in the future for the Sox to have a chance and I'd rather they not suck.

no, it needs to be all of it. It's the same stuff up and down, it really is. I do like Paddy, but even he is the same thing, they all think they are lone baseball geniuses, nobody has built a system in this team.

• Like 1

Just now, HOFHurt35 said:

2 weeks ago, Stone would not have been questioning the skipper. 

A lot going on here.  With the Bob article, then Kenny coming down, Thomas calling out the BS on the postgame, then Ozzie the same last night, and now the leading Cheerleader in Stone following the line now..... Heads are about to roll. 

Hopefully it's not just LaRussa but better take Hahn with him.   They are both equally at fault at this point, and I'd say Hahn is actually higher for me. 

Hahn can hide behind the other schmoes in the org. (Jerry, Kenny, Tony) 

We still don't know how much power he really has. 

If it is him though, he deserves to be whacked. But really nothing changes until JR/KW are gone. 

1 minute ago, CentralChamps21 said:

Only if it leads to the firing of the manager and hitting coach

I should have added this, yeah. Thing is lets say the Sox get HOT right now and make it interesting, i think TLR would be back next season. 

My current guess is that the team comes alive somewhat in Game 2 and they win again tomorrow, so we can think ok just sweep the Twins and that is a great end of the first half.  Of course even if they win the next 2, they probably lose 3 out of 4 to the Twinkies.

1 minute ago, Tony said:

AR-211109718.jpg&updated=202111031508&Ma

0x0.jpg?format=jpg&crop=1129,1128,x859,y

It's the same picture 

Bingo. Not enough likes for this post. 

Could you turn it into the "corporate needs you to tell the difference between these two pictures meme?" 

Edited by Jack Parkman

3 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

Getting swept in both series vs the teams ahead of you should sound alarm bells in the FO.  They aren't winning despite TLR, so we all have to hope that crashing & burning spectacularly brings about real change.

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

Hahn can hide behind the other schmoes in the org. (Jerry, Kenny, Tony) 

We still don't know how much power he really has. 

If it is him though, he deserves to be whacked. But really nothing changes until JR/KW are gone. 

It doesn't matter though. It's an organizational failure. Hahn isn't an indentured servant. If he's powerless, he can choose to leave. And if he's as smart as some think, he'll land on his feet. 

If you make the decision to stay, it's on him, just like it's on Kenny, Tony, Jerry, etc. 

• Like 2