7/12 GT Gm 1 @NoonCT: Sox play 2 today, if you care

ChiSox59

3 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Of all of the people, i think I might feel worst for Chuck Garfein.  Can you imagine getting paid not a whole not a whole lot of money to promote this mess?  I mean at least guys like Tony and the players are making a pretty decent wage.

Chuck is often utterly dejected after a loss....he either is really a Sox fan or a terrific actor.  

If Jerry would have hired Tony and said "I believe hes the right man to lead this team to a championship" it would be a lot easier to fire him, but instead it was "I need to make up for a mistake that happened decades ago" and now how do you fire him from Jerry's perspective?

Im sure he had to talk LaRussa into taking the job and stressed his previous error. Pride is important to a lot of people, how can Jerry turn around now and say "Actually, turns out this isnt going to work see ya". I think that's a big issue here and might be why he hasn't been let go already.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

No he didn't. 

The happy dancer at 3B fueled the floodgates to that inning where he gave up 3. 

Funny thing is Yoan could have easily ended up being a perennial 7 WAR player of his power/speed were as advertised.

1 minute ago, T R U said:

If Jerry would have hired Tony and said "I believe hes the right man to lead this team to a championship" it would be a lot easier to fire him, but instead it was "I need to make up for a mistake that happened decades ago" and now how do you fire him from Jerry's perspective?

Im sure he had to talk LaRussa into taking the job and stressed his previous error. Pride is important to a lot of people, how can Jerry turn around now and say "Actually, turns out this isnt going to work see ya". I think that's a big issue here and might be why he hasn't been let go already.

This is literally the only reason he has not been fired. That and you don’t want to tarnish his HOF status 

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

At least we know he would look for finishing pieces instead of back ups.

really?   I don't remember him being good at that either.

I wonder if he is just as powerless when the first thing the needs to go is this whole coaching staff. 

Is there are precedent for a GM, manager and some of his staff to get fired midseason?  

Fire LaRussa, Fire Hahn, Fire Menechino, Fire DeBo

Promote Jerschele as interim, give KW GM duties on interim basis, promote Chris Johnson, give the 1B/OF coach to whoever from the minors deserves it.  

WTF ARE WE WAITING FOR. 

5 minutes ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

Those finishing pieces may be past their prime but hey, he’s still gonna search for them

At least the guy went after guys like Cabrera when they became available (and nearly succeeded)

• Like 1