Sox/Indians (Guardians) GM2

Just now, maxjusttyped said:

Maybe the Dodgers think they can fix Pollock and will take him off the Sox hands

Could use some bullpen help - maybe Kimbrel would benefit from a change of scenery?

Just now, maxjusttyped said:

The organizational wide approach of being middle away as hitters isn't conducive to hitting for power. Particularly without a juiced ball & a humidor in every park

Yeah, either the MonStars snuck into the Sox locker room and stole their talent, the entire team is coincidently all in a power slump at once, OR there is a common denominator. E.g: the coaching staff 

Their ace was staked to an early lead in game 1, and shuts the door with a CG 95 pitch outing.  Our ace is staked to an early lead and is also shutting the door, but he will be lucky to get through 6 innings!  Let’s hope the bullpen doesn’t blow it.

4 minutes ago, almagest said:

Eloy's always done that.

Just watching his homers in 2020, a lot of those are warning track fly outs now with how the ball is. Eloy has massive pop but he also hit a lot of wall scrappers to the opposite field. 

• Like 2

Just now, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

You watched all of that pretty quick. I have no idea what you are seeing. Your video is 2020 mine is 2019.

Scanned through it. How is his stance not open in the video you posted?

9 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Just watching his homers in 2020, a lot of those are warning track fly outs now with how the ball is. Eloy has massive pop but he also hit a lot of wall scrappers to the opposite field. 

All of this is true, and yet I have very little doubt that if Eloy were in an organization with better hitting coaching + development he would be able to start pulling the ball more and raise his launch angle by a few degrees.

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

It feels like the Sox are the team that benefitted the most from the juiced ball. 

The Sox are 1st in opposite field % over the last 3 years. Opposite field fly balls benefited most from the juiced ball. That would certainly make sense to me.

https://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.aspx?pos=all&stats=bat&lg=all&qual=0&type=2&season=2022&month=0&season1=2019&ind=0&team=0,ts&rost=0&age=0&filter=&players=0&startdate=2019-01-01&enddate=2022-12-31&sort=15,d

1 minute ago, maxjusttyped said:

All of this is true, and yet I have very little doubt that if Eloy were in an organization with better hitting coaching + development he would be able to start pulling the ball more and raise his launch angle by a few degrees.

I’d love to see what the Jays development staff would do with Eloy, Robert, & Moncada.