7/13-White Sox / Guardians - The Fall of TLR Begins —6:10

Just now, Middle Buffalo said:

Quick, name the last time he sounded or looked good.

This was different. It sounds like he got chewed out by the front office the way he was talking. He immediately started talking about how the team had good chemistry without even being asked about it...

• TLR 1

2 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

You need to grasp the concept that pitchers don't have their best stuff almost half of the time.

I'm a miserable Sox fan and you make me look like a Super Fan.

I do, but he averaged close to 94 mph over an entire season in 2019 and 2021. It's waaaaay down this year. 

• TLR 1

Just now, chw42 said:

FWIW, I never though the velocity was his biggest problem. It was his lack of fastball command that was killing him. 

The velocity is what makes his change a great pitch. It's just ok without it. You saw some signs last year that the difference was dropping. 

3 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

The velocity is what makes his change a great pitch. It's just ok without it. You saw some signs last year that the difference was dropping. 

I'd rather he throw slower and have better location than throw harder and be all over the place. 

1 hour ago, wegner said:

There's a place just North of us that brews their own mead but we have not gone.  We'll have to try it out.

Too sweet for me. I like my beer and bourbon harsh and bitter, just like my Sox Fandom. :D 

1 hour ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

Do you just bring back Yaz as the DH and live with Vaughn in RF? 

There is no position Eloy will excel at. They should have worked on Eloy in RF this Spring. Pollock and the other two DHs are much better suited to play LF/DH than RF. I don't expect Eloy to be good in RF either, but doubt it would be any greater of an injury risk than anything else he does as long as he get enough reps out there.

2 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Too sweet for me. I like my beer and bourbon harsh and bitter, just like my Sox Fandom. :D 

There is no position Eloy will excel at. They should have worked on Eloy in RF this Spring. Pollock and the other two DHs are much better suited to play LF/DH than RF. I don't expect Eloy to be good in RF either, but doubt it would be any greater of an injury risk than anything else he does as long as he get enough reps out there.

Funny, that's how I like my women.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ScooterMcGuire said:

Is anyone watching this TLR press conference? He does not sound or look good...

Do you know where us out of towners can find video clips of these? Still can’t figure it out aside from the occasional bit that gets posted to the MLB app.

3 minutes ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

Damn I get to start another game thread. Didn’t think I’d be on the hook this long ?

How about taking us to the Allstar break....thanks for your sacrifice.