7/16 Sox @ Twinkies 2:00PM Let’s get over .500!!

14 minutes ago, bmags said:

That’s really not even close to an example of irony. Couldn’t be less related. 

“a state of affairs or an event that seems deliberately contrary to what one expects and is often amusing as a result”

The day was billed as a celebration of the longevity of Jim Kaat’s career and how that perseverance led ultimately to the HoF.

Lynn is pretty much the exact opposite, where he pretty much acknowledges that he doesn’t have a very healthy diet and yet makes no attempt to change his behaviors and yet is seemingly surprised by the dismal results.  As someone noted, the worst thing the White Sox did was give him a guaranteed contract at that age. Guys like Keuchel and Lynn are or will be finding themselves without a job because they became complacent and started resting on their laurels instead of working twice as hard to remain at that top level.  

And Lance Lynn actually had the highest fWAR in the AL from 2019-2021 among qualified starters but is nothing like that same pitcher anymore.  But now he looks like one of the worst pitchers in baseball.

Edited by caulfield12
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

This team is so disappointing. Cant get over 500 if their lives depended on it

Lefties murder Bundy this year, but we only have two lefties in the lineup and both are mediocre hitters this year 

3 minutes ago, Sox80 said:

I'm not surprised by this honestly . I hope this isn't what Lynn is now.

He looked like he had better stuff today. But he made 1 real big mistake hanging that slider to Correa and the Twins were all over his sinkers.

1 minute ago, Capn12 said:

Joining in late here, but man....I'm just SO happy Lynn had a productive offseason, where he dedicated himself to his body and his craft. What a guy!

Terrible, terrible stuff.

Lynn looks like he gained 20-30 lbs. Had he just maintained his weight he'd probably be alright. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

Lefties murder Bundy this year, but we only have two lefties in the lineup and both are mediocre hitters this year 

You are right.  For the Sox to be an elite team we need more quality lefties in our lineup.  There are more righty pitchers than lefties.  On the other hand, our opponents are throwing 5 to 7 lefty batters against our righty pitchers.  We can get away with it for a few games but it catches up with you during the long season.

19 minutes ago, Heads22 said:

Apropos of nothing 

Lance Lynn rhp
2 years/$38M (2022-23), plus 2024 option

• 2 years/$38M (2022-23), plus 2024 club option
    • signed extension with Chicago White Sox 7/17/21
    • 22:$18.5M, 23:$18.5M, 24:$18M club option ($1M buyout)
    • award bonuses for top 3 finish in Cy Young vote

Oh I think you are posting this because he sucks

• TLR 1

8 minutes ago, fathom said:

I know there's a Leury joke here but I don't have the energy.

• Haha 1

Here’s a better irony then.

We traded Escobar for Francisco Liriano…the Twins then dealt Escobar for Jhoan Duran and he arguably will be one of the three biggest reasons the Twins end up ahead of the Sox ultimately.

Not to mention the fact that we missed on our chances to trade for or sign Escobar last year because of an incorrect read on his quad injury…only to come up with the trade for Cesar Hernandez that screwed the Sox over.  And we still don’t have a long-term solution at second base.