7/17 Sox @ Twins - Last Chance to Earn My Love Gamethread - 1:10PM CT, NBCSC

Tnetennba

44 minutes ago, brijames1957 said:

What is going on with Seattle? They are about to win their 14th in a row and 22 out of the last 25. 

Ray has been closer to Cy form, Gilbert awesome, Rodriguez raking in Acuna-esque form and no Kelenic.  Very strong defense across the board.

Edited by caulfield12

12 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Ray has been closer to Cy form, Gilbert awesome, Rodriguez raking in Acuna-esque form and no Kelenic.  Very strong defense across the board.

Speaking of which, I haven't seen the Kelenic thread bumped in a while 

• Fire 1

54 minutes ago, brijames1957 said:

That's my biggest problem with Jason. He tries too hard to always be funny and entertaining rather than just calling the game. A little bit is fine but he does way too much. 

Wouldn’t mind if Jason also did away with the tedious Sox math.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Twins are eminently beatable.  If the Sox could just pull their heads out of their asses once and for all they could win this shitty division. 

You are right.  Twins don’t have the pitching necessary to win the division.  Guardians do, so we should be worrying more about Cleveland.

4 hours ago, Heads22 said:

:hawk:

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/34258984/boston-red-sox-chris-sale-exits-first-inning-comebacker-hits-throwing-hand

Boston Red Sox left-hander Chris Sale suffered a fractured pinkie finger on his pitching hand when he was struck by a comebacker in the first inning Sunday against the New York Yankees.

Sale, who is signed through 2024 on a five-year, $145 million contract, has thrown just 48 1/3 innings over 11 starts for the Red Sox since the end of the 2019 season.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SpringfieldFan said:

How did the Sox wind up the first half with the 3rd highest BA in the MLB???

Doesnt' mean much when they don't walk and haven't hit many HR's . There's been no balance and of course no LHH's to keep pitcher's in line. The 2nd half needs Moncada and Grandal to come alive and wouldn't hurt the Sox to find another LHH either in the OF .If they do it'll probably be another old NL guy like David Peralta which I wouldn't like.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1