And That’s a Fu*$ the Twins WINNER!

hi8is

Nice win. Nice series. Sox should have a lot more of this against Central Div. foes even with injuries harming the team. Sox go into the all star break fairly hot which means NOTHING. After the many days off here, it's a new start for all teams. This Sox offense is built to lift and pull homers. If Sox can do that the offense will be OK post all-star break. If the Sox can't lift and pull homers they'll do a lot more of hitting right into the defensive shift(s) and striking out on lame sliders out of the zone.

Kudos to Abreu for once again doing well after an abysmal start. He's a hit and walk machine right now.

Vaughn and Anderson have been excellent obviously. Would love to see Sheets blossom. Zavala has been fine. The pitching sometimes shows signs of life. I'd say the starters are average to a little below average. Cease should be in the all star game obviously. Sox bullpen is lousy overall but the Sox do have a good closer which is vital if they ever get it together enough to be playoff/WS contenders this season.

The Sox pretty much should be happy they are .500 IMO. My take is the team overall performed way worse than a .500 team pre all-star break. The defense blows so the key is lift and pull to score a batch of runs per game, get 7 innings out of the starters, have Liam be very hot, have Abreu be a great leader. As far as coaching ... Tony has done a couple head-scratching things (the intentional walks) but the bottom line is no manager would have a better record right now with this bunch than .500. Unless you believe managers have the ability to make players play better.

This team if everything goes well could finish 10 over .500. If things remain sour, they could finish 10 under. Just my takes as a fan.

Edited by greg775
  • Like 2
  • TLR 1

Sox 4th shut out since 7/1.

Hendriks, Graveman, Lopez cooking in the pen. Banks , Ruiz, Lambert been good the last month.

Cease, Cueto doing very well. Kopech wearing down a bit but a gamer,Needs rest . Giolito got his change up back for a few games and he looks better his last couple starts. Lynn still looks like spring training , hopefully he comes around.

In the last week the Sox have 9 pitchers with a 0.00 ERA . All have pitched at least 2 innings. If you stretch it out to the last 15 days there are still 3 guys with a 0.00 ERA an 7 guys with at 0.48, 1.17, 1.35, 1.50, 1.80, 2.84, and 2.84 with a minimum of 4.2 innings pitch and 3 starters among the 7 ,Cueto, Cease and Giolito.

Need Robert so bad I hope he's OK. His last 26 games was slashing .337, .364, .587, .951  with 8 doubles, 6 HR and 30 RBI.

Sox now have 4 regulars in the lineup batting better than .300. Anderson, Vaughn Abreu, and Robert.

Moncada had a real good week . Sheets had a terrible week right after looking good for 3 weeks. But if I had to choose 1 to get hot it would be Moncada. He means more to the Sox.

Engel had a good week after replacing Robert. 8 for 18 with a double and HR.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Cease should have been formally named an all star but he never would have pitched because he did yesterday, so I guess it doesn’t bother me too much because we wouldn’t have seen him anyways.  He deserves whatever bonus he would have earned though 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kyyle23 said:

Cease should have been formally named an all star but he never would have pitched because he did yesterday, so I guess it doesn’t bother me too much because we wouldn’t have seen him anyways.  He deserves whatever bonus he would have earned though 

Do pre-arb guys even get All-Star/award bonuses?

On 7/18/2022 at 1:10 AM, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Sox 4th shut out since 7/1.

Hendriks, Graveman, Lopez cooking in the pen. Banks , Ruiz, Lambert been good the last month.

Cease, Cueto doing very well. Kopech wearing down a bit but a gamer,Needs rest . Giolito got his change up back for a few games and he looks better his last couple starts. Lynn still looks like spring training , hopefully he comes around.

In the last week the Sox have 9 pitchers with a 0.00 ERA . All have pitched at least 2 innings. If you stretch it out to the last 15 days there are still 3 guys with a 0.00 ERA an 7 guys with at 0.48, 1.17, 1.35, 1.50, 1.80, 2.84, and 2.84 with a minimum of 4.2 innings pitch and 3 starters among the 7 ,Cueto, Cease and Giolito.

Need Robert so bad I hope he's OK. His last 26 games was slashing .337, .364, .587, .951  with 8 doubles, 6 HR and 30 RBI.

Sox now have 4 regulars in the lineup batting better than .300. Anderson, Vaughn Abreu, and Robert.

Moncada had a real good week . Sheets had a terrible week right after looking good for 3 weeks. But if I had to choose 1 to get hot it would be Moncada. He means more to the Sox.

Engel had a good week after replacing Robert. 8 for 18 with a double and HR.

Great analysis.  Agree 100%.

• Thanks 1

On 7/17/2022 at 9:06 PM, greg775 said:

Nice win. Nice series. Sox should have a lot more of this against Central Div. foes even with injuries harming the team. Sox go into the all star break fairly hot which means NOTHING. After the many days off here, it's a new start for all teams. This Sox offense is built to lift and pull homers. If Sox can do that the offense will be OK post all-star break. If the Sox can't lift and pull homers they'll do a lot more of hitting right into the defensive shift(s) and striking out on lame sliders out of the zone.

Kudos to Abreu for once again doing well after an abysmal start. He's a hit and walk machine right now.

Vaughn and Anderson have been excellent obviously. Would love to see Sheets blossom. Zavala has been fine. The pitching sometimes shows signs of life. I'd say the starters are average to a little below average. Cease should be in the all star game obviously. Sox bullpen is lousy overall but the Sox do have a good closer which is vital if they ever get it together enough to be playoff/WS contenders this season.

The Sox pretty much should be happy they are .500 IMO. My take is the team overall performed way worse than a .500 team pre all-star break. The defense blows so the key is lift and pull to score a batch of runs per game, get 7 innings out of the starters, have Liam be very hot, have Abreu be a great leader. As far as coaching ... Tony has done a couple head-scratching things (the intentional walks) but the bottom line is no manager would have a better record right now with this bunch than .500. Unless you believe managers have the ability to make players play better.

This team if everything goes well could finish 10 over .500. If things remain sour, they could finish 10 under. Just my takes as a fan.

You are underestimating our pitching.  Our starters other than Lynn have been above average, and our bullpen with ReyLo , Graveman and Hendriks clicking is not lousy at all. TLR head scratching decisions are more than just the two intentional walks and have cost us several games.  Agree that we need to hit more homers particularly at home.  Team is moving in the right direction.

14 hours ago, hankchifan said:

our bullpen with ReyLo , Graveman and Hendriks clicking is not lousy at all.

I like Hendriks. Hopefully Lopez and Graveman will dominate the second half. All the Sox left options appear weak to me. And we know the lefties are coming in games. They will continue to stink. So that means Lopez and Graveman CANNOT stink. They have to be consistently good leading into Liam. I see no hope for the lefties. Maybe they'll not cost the team games.