7/22 GT Guardians @ White Sox, 7:10PM CT, Apple TV

Tnetennba

Just now, SoxBlanco said:

If Engel and let’s say Anderson happen to go down in the same game, then Leury goes to SS and Pollock goes to CF. Not the end of the world for a couple innings. 

Yeah, but there's no need to leave things to chance all because you're worried someone is going to pick up your scrub ass catcher thru waivers. 

Sheets might be a better CF option than Pollock at this moment, I'd hate to lose a tight game under any of those scenarios. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

Yeah, but there's no need to leave things to chance all because you're worried someone is going to pick up your scrub ass catcher thru waivers. 

Sheets might be a better CF option than Pollock at this moment, I'd hate to lose a tight game under any of those scenarios. 

The chances of Engel and a middle infielder going down in the same game AND the game being close AND we end up losing that game because of poor defense in one of those spots are close zero. 

Edited by SoxBlanco
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

You lost me with the Sheets to CF comment, I'm mean really really lost me with that.

• Haha 1

On 7/20/2022 at 10:31 AM, southsider2k5 said:

Hopefully both Kopech and Lynn are pushed back to the end of the rotation right now to give them as long of rest as possible.  Neither of them has looked healthy since coming back.

Lynn has looked much worse than Kopech.

1 hour ago, Texsox said:

This is a well crafted third place roster. Basically everything you can expect from a middle of the pack club with a weak farm system and thirst for profits. 

Can we all pick a playoff contender as our second team and start a new sub forum? 

With the expanded playoffs, the second place carrot has been replaced with the third place carrot.

• Hawk 1

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

How many days can Engel stay healthy playing between Pollock Vaughn and Sheets?

They really might need to bring back Billy Hamilton this year if Engel goes down again…

We have two off days next week so it shouldn't be a huge issue.

I imagine Leury or Pollock will play CF in one of the DH games