Nice stat on Yoan's improvement

bmags

I couldn't have been lower on Yoan in May/June when it was now a forever trend that he could not hit velo or fastballs.

And this tracks the big improvement we started to see from him after the lows:

This is great info from Josh Nelson and he cohosts with our y2jimmy. What a big deal it would be to get closer to 2019 Yoan back.

Yoan is probably not ever going to have a season like 2019 again, as I think his BABIP of .406 was one of the highest in baseball history, but he is still way, way, way better offensively than most people here want to give him credit for. He is a very high variance player due to strikeouts and his overall offensive profile but I believe he is still a reliable 3-4 WAR player. 

Just now, Superstar Lamar said:

July was only about half a month worth of games, but I like good news.

this is the kinda stuff that's fine in small doses because he was not having success on FBs at all for a long time. Where he had success in 2021 it was hangers, good plate discipline, and making enough contact. 

Now he's finally turning on fastballs.

4 minutes ago, Greg Hibbard said:

Yoan is probably not ever going to have a season like 2019 again, as I think his BABIP of .406 was one of the highest in baseball history, but he is still way, way, way better offensively than most people here want to give him credit for. He is a very high variance player due to strikeouts and his overall offensive profile but I believe he is still a reliable 3-4 WAR player. 

Still a .351 BABIP for the career and hes sitting at .270 this year

He will be fine, 27 year old prime athletes usually don't just lose it

28 minutes ago, T R U said:

Still a .351 BABIP for the career and hes sitting at .270 this year

He will be fine, 27 year old prime athletes usually don't just lose it

but a big thing was his babip was so low because Yoan was no longer hitting the ball hard. Now he is.