Ebay Item of the Day

Gene Honda Civic

I collect Boy Scout patches and at any given time eBay has over 5,000 patches listed. I just saw an auction that started at $1.95 for some old stuff. The son was cleaning out the attic for his mom and didn't want the stuff to just be thrown away. The auction closed at over $6,000. If it wasn't for eBay they would have dropped it in the trash and been done with it. Pissed me off when a couple better heeled collectors found the listing.

eBay is awesome. One of the top ten best things on the web.

• 3 weeks later...
Kaye, a 32-year-old aviation sales consultant, sold the stuffed animals on Sept. 22 for $860 -- to the same woman who warned him about authenticating the toys. But the woman, Pat O'Buck, a 77-year-old Montanan, says five rare Beanies in the lot were counterfeits, including the Royal Blue Peanut elephant that she covets most. She has demanded her money back.

On Sunday, O'Buck placed the Beanies -- minus the ones she says she had authenticated as fakes -- up for auction, beginning at $9.99.

She says she has reported Kaye to the FBI, the U.S. Postal Service and eBay

Um, I say Pat O'Buck wins the Dumbass Award O' the Day. She was concerned that they may be counterfeit, buys them anyway, THEN tries to get the man in trouble for selling counterfeit toys. Holy hell, whats your address Pat O'Buck, I'll send you $5 so you can buy a f***ing clue!!

:lolhitting

Um, I say Pat O'Buck wins the Dumbass Award O' the Day. She was concerned that they may be counterfeit, buys them anyway, THEN tries to get the man in trouble for selling counterfeit toys. Holy hell, whats your address Pat O'Buck, I'll send you $5 so you can buy a f***ing clue!!

:lolhitting

He said he didn't know anythign about them too, what a dumbass she is for buying them. She got what she deserved.

• 2 months later...