Fire Rick Hahn

On 4/20/2023 at 4:12 PM, Lip Man 1 said:

In 10 years Hahn has been the G.M. the White Sox have had TWO winning seasons.

Two.

And remember they weren't always in a "tank mode." There were years they were trying to win and Hahn couldn't even field a team to post a winning record.

As far as the post season, in a supposed "window of contention?"

Two first round exits, overall record 2-5.

Not even in the same galaxy as what the Astros and Cubs accomplished during their rebuilds.

One was a fake season.  Not even 81 games played.  It was super spring training.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is so dark. This is blackhawks early 2000s dark. 

The only thing that will make things better (moving on) isn’t gonna happen.

We need to basically start lobbying for some sort of cromnibus addition that states the after tax death rate for passing on properties in industries with antitrust exemptions is 90% 

• Like 3
  • Fire 2

3 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

The “window” for the White Sox rebuild seems to have lasted about 150 games. They are under .500 theri last 256 games. 

Do you remember our gloating when Sox traded for kimbrel and cubs cut bait on all vets? I gotta imagine we are close to same record since now

2 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

The “window” for the White Sox rebuild seems to have lasted about 150 games. They are under .500 theri last 256 games. 

Because the entire rebuild came down to the players he acquired in the sell-off trades and Robert.  The draft strategy heading into and during the rebuild was atrocious and has bared little fruit.  Without a recurring pipeline of talent and with an unwillingness to play at the top of the free agent market, Rick hasn’t been able to augment the core he acquired.  And even the primary core of prospects he was able to trade at the start of the rebuild has disappointed.  The minor league development system remains weak, the pro scouting still sucks, and we continue to have one of the leanest / most pathetic analytics staffs in all of baseball.  Even the pre-arb extensions well that Rick built his early brand on has completely dried up.  Rick Hahn brings nothing to the table but a whole lot of lawyer speak and empty results.  No other baseball org would still employ this clown, but alas here we are watching our competitive window come crashing down before our eyes.  It’s truly sad to witness the mess that Jerry has made and see no actions whatsoever to right the ship.  May the baseball gods take mercy on our poor souls.

• Like 5
  • Fire 2

6 minutes ago, bmags said:

Do you remember our gloating when Sox traded for kimbrel and cubs cut bait on all vets? I gotta imagine we are close to same record since now

I just remember thinking why are the Sox trading for a closer when they have Liam Hendriks. In my mind, that is where Hahn went off the rails and it has just gone worse from there. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, FourEyesShottenhoffer said:

I just remember thinking why are the Sox trading for a closer when they have Liam Hendriks. In my mind, that is where Hahn went off the rails and it has just gone worse from there. 

I think I low key knew it was over at machado,  but definitely when they traded intl space to rid Nate jones contract. 

was in denial but I knew 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Because the entire rebuild came down to the players he acquired in the sell-off trades and Robert.  The draft strategy heading into and during the rebuild was atrocious and has bared little fruit.  Without a recurring pipeline of talent and with an unwillingness to play at the top of the free agent market, Rick hasn’t been able to augment the core he acquired.  And even the primary core of prospects he was able to trade at the start of the rebuild has disappointed.  The minor league development system remains weak, the pro scouting still sucks, and we continue to have one of the leanest / most pathetic analytics staffs in all of baseball.  Even the pre-arb extensions well that Rick built his early brand on has completely dried up.  Rick Hahn brings nothing to the table but a whole lot of lawyer speak and empty results.  No other baseball org would still employ this clown, but alas here we are watching our competitive window come crashing down before our eyes.  It’s truly sad to witness the mess that Jerry has made and see no actions whatsoever to right the ship.  May the baseball gods take mercy on our poor souls.

Your last sentence is gold. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Your last sentence is gold. 

In fact... they made things even worse by locking in that Benintendi deal for many years into the future. 

Someone will eventually just have to dump his contract and start over completely without any vestiges of the KW/Hahn front office to drag everyone down. 

Watching the young obscure Reds and Pirates players now... it's like a totally different universe with the vibe around those teams. 

Former Cub Duane Underwood reborn as closer. 

Streaking 14-5/now won 7 of last 8...Derek Shelton just got a well-deserved extension as manager. 

Edited by caulfield12

51 minutes ago, bmags said:

I don't remember everyone being excited about Kimbrel at all.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, wegner said:

I don't remember everyone being excited about Kimbrel at all.

You can say I was. The White Sox had a genuine issue with the 8th inning and LaRussa had no idea how to handle a bullpen. They were going to get out managed by everyone in a playoff series, the only way to have a chance was to have a bullpen good enough to be idiot proof. They definitely could have used 2 strong relievers at that point.

My biggest mistake was failing to look beyond the first line of Kimbrel’s B-R page. He had a great ERA, but his BABIP and HR/FB rates were both career lows, so if you looked down the list at all you realized his first half was luck and he was going to give up a lot more homers and hits in the 2nd half. I was actually pissed at myself when I looked down that table in mid August while wondering what had happened.

I do take some solace in the fact that a multi-millionaire GM didn’t look any more into his B-R page than I did.

4 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

You can say I was. The White Sox had a genuine issue with the 8th inning and LaRussa had no idea how to handle a bullpen. They were going to get out managed by everyone in a playoff series, the only way to have a chance was to have a bullpen good enough to be idiot proof. They definitely could have used 2 strong relievers at that point.

My biggest mistake was failing to look beyond the first line of Kimbrel’s B-R page. He had a great ERA, but his BABIP and HR/FB rates were both career lows, so if you looked down the list at all you realized his first half was luck and he was going to give up a lot more homers and hits in the 2nd half. I was actually pissed at myself when I looked down that table in mid August while wondering what had happened.

I do take some solace in the fact that a multi-millionaire GM didn’t look any more into his B-R page than I did.

You're very knowledgeable but it's not your job so you are forgiven......however the other guy not so much. ?

12 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

What concerned me at the time weren't his peripherals as much as the fact the Cubs used him hard the first four months (39 appearances), or two less than he covered the previous two years combined (18 in 2020 owner lockout season and 23 in 2019 (injured knee).

That was in whole or part the primary reason Kimbrel broke down the final two months of 2021. Tony covered / made excuses for the media trying to protect Kimbrel (and Tony's own ass) by constantly referring to Kimbrel's different role / not being used as a closer. 

Let's remember that both Kenny and Rick said Craig Kimbrel was their top priority and "best idea" heading into the trade deadline. Their "best idea" in 2020 was acquiring Jarrod Dyson and not a third legitimate Starting Pitcher. Their "best idea" in 2022 was acquiring nobody, and letting Luis Robert and others linger injured / unplayable on the roster for days/weeks/months at a time.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bmags said:

You have to respect the talent evaluation over there and I do.   Over here it's enough to get a guy fired.  But they are going to cool down, right?  Right?

1 minute ago, bmags said:

It was more the feeling of Chicago about the white Sox about to take over and cubs reign ending

I still can't believe how excited I was coming into the 2021 season, compared to whatever the hell this is now. Why did I think this team was good enough??

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FourEyesShottenhoffer said:

Hahn went off to rails in his piss poor drafting, ironically one being Madrigal from that same trade.  

38 minutes ago, Stinky Stanky said:

You have to respect the talent evaluation over there and I do.   Over here it's enough to get a guy fired.  But they are going to cool down, right?  Right?

The Brewers have the pitching... the Cardinals more offense and the Cubs a good combination of youth and  now some veteran leadership mixed in. 

Always depends on health...Seiya is yet to come up with a full season of health and performance but still has a ton of untapped potential. 

35 minutes ago, wegner said:

I still can't believe how excited I was coming into the 2021 season, compared to whatever the hell this is now. Why did I think this team was good enough??

I was excited and attended at least a dozen games in 2019, and listened to (or watched) every game in 2020. I thought the young core plus quality additions in RF, 2B and SP could give the Sox a legitimate chance at glory. The Sox Playoff Series didn't end well without a third starter, but really liked their effort. Lucas looked like he would anchor the staff for the next few years as a MLB Ace.

I thought Ricky Renteria should have played out the extension he signed in 2019 based on the team's effort and lack of starting pitching in 2020. That said, I was excited when AJ Hinch and other legitimate quality modern recent managers (Bud Black) were being discussed as his replacement, and thought the team could legitimately contend for more than "a playoff birth" over the next 4-5 seasons.

All excitement ended for me first after Jon Hayman's trial balloon regarding Tony's candidacy followed by his actual hiring. I was happy many players had a good 2021 season / four months. Happy for Tony as a person as he appeared healthy and sober for the first time at his exit press conference. Sad for most fans who expected and deserved better since 2020.

Now I hope for an epic 100-110 plus loss season to force a change (due in large part to attendance collapsing like the Bulls pre COVID). Perhaps Getz or another probable Reinsdorf replacement only has a 2-5% chance to succeed (like Kenny's lottery ticket in 2005) under Jerry, but it's 2-5% more than their current predicament/odds. Hahn needs to be totally gone for there to be any chance. Don't have much hope for this as fucking John Paxson is still with the Bulls.

Would like to see Brooks Boyer shitcanned as well, bring in some new blood and bring in a new generation of White Sox fans including the large young Spanish population. You have 1 million fans within 10-15 miles of the ball park not being heavily marketed to by any other team here.

Televise games on free TV, say 40-60 plus games on Univision/Telemundo plus a Saturday or Sunday Channel 7/9 English broadcast like the Yankees do. Stop with the covid credit card only bullshit and accept cash for tickets and concessions. Give out free tickets at schools and parks like Bill Veeck did to bring in new children and families. Don't market the team like a tobacco company with dying customers. Stop gauging fans with obscene parking rates. And f*** the 1983 uniforms, those fans including me are on their last legs.

Edited by South Side Hit Men
  • Love 2
  • Fire 2

2 hours ago, FourEyesShottenhoffer said:

We traded for a closer when we already had one, and when our one closer had to leave to battle cancer we did NOTHING to compensate for that loss. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Is Jerry OK?  Has anyone heard from him lately?  His silence as the franchise implodes is deafening.  There’s gotta be some clause in the ownership agreement w/ his investors that if he becomes incapacitated the control passes on.  Somebody check on Jerry!