Fire Rick Hahn

6 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

I don't get blaming Grifol for that. At some point Eloy has to give you games.

It’s insanity. Unless Eloy hits a home run, not likely with an injured groin (last HR 7/6), he is risking exacerbating his groin injury if he manages to reach base, or requires a pinch runner when you already have a limited bench with three catchers and Vaughn wearing a walking boot.

This abysmal roster management results in infielders botching plays late in RF, because you have at least two position players on the active roster who should be on the IL (Eloy and Vaughn), with a third spot wasted because Perez is up for no legitimate reason.

Fire Rick Hahn yesterday.

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

25 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

It’s insanity. Unless Eloy hits a home run, not likely with an injured groin (last HR 7/6), he is risking exacerbating his groin injury if he manages to reach base, or requires a pinch runner when you already have a limited bench with three catchers and Vaughn wearing a walking boot.

This abysmal roster management results in infielders botching plays late in RF, because you have at least two position players on the active roster who should be on the IL (Eloy and Vaughn), with a third spot wasted because Perez is up for no legitimate reason.

Fire Rick Hahn yesterday.

Perez will surely be one of the 2-3 catchers on the roster next year.

Just now, caulfield12 said:

Perez will surely be one of the 2-3 catchers on the roster next year.

That’s fine if the Sox are that desperate, but bring him up August 1 or 2024.

However, he would be better off developing and playing regularly at Charlotte until then, as would the White Sox roster. Carlos has started one game since his July 1st call up. Just another example of abysmal roster management and player development.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

I don't get blaming Grifol for that. At some point Eloy has to give you games.

If Eloy can’t run down the line, he shouldn’t be playing given his track record.  Trying to squeak out one win at the potential expense of a multi-week injury isn’t worth it.

21 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

If Eloy can’t run down the line, he shouldn’t be playing given his track record.  Trying to squeak out one win at the potential expense of a multi-week injury isn’t worth it.

He's going to get injured anyways. Who gives a f***? He's on the DL every month of his career. Some point he needs to suck it up and play.

Oh and a HR as I type this. I guess that'll do

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

???

This of course is after Rick said they wanted to hire someone with recent playoff success as a manager. They then went with TLR, but Rick was seemingly in charge of hiring whoever he wanted with this manager…and went with Pedro. Insane 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Tony said:

This of course is after Rick said they wanted to hire someone with recent playoff success as a manager. They then went with TLR, but Rick was seemingly in charge of hiring whoever he wanted with this manager…and went with Pedro. Insane 

1. 2021-2022 Tony La Russa 2011 World Series Champion Cardinals
  2. 2023-2025 Pedro Grifol 2015 World Series Champion Royals
  3. 2026-2029 Joe Maddon 2016 World Series Champion Cubs
  4. 2030-2032 A. J. Hinch 2017 World Series Champion Astros
  5. 2033-2037 Ozzie Guillen 2005 World Series Champion White Sox
17 minutes ago, The Mighty Mite said:

Exactly, he’s the least of all the problems this team and franchise have.

Wait til next year, and the one after, and the one after, and the one after.

LF is the third easiest defensive to fill beyond DH and 1B. He has no power, and likely will be a 1 ish WAR player per year from here on out.

2024 29 Chicago White Sox $17,100,000    
2025 30 Chicago White Sox $17,100,000    
2026 31 Chicago White Sox $17,100,000    
2027 32 Chicago White Sox $15,100,000

6 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:
  1. 2021-2022 Tony La Russa 2011 World Series Champion Cardinals
  2. 2023-2025 Pedro Grifol 2015 World Series Champion Royals
  3. 2026-2029 Joe Maddon 2016 World Series Champion Cubs
  4. 2030-2032 A. J. Hinch 2017 World Series Champion Astros
  5. 2033-2037 Ozzie Guillen 2005 World Series Champion White Sox

Wait til next year, and the one after, and the one after, and the one after.

LF is the third easiest defensive to fill beyond DH and 1B. He has no power, and likely will be a 1 ish WAR player per year from here on out.

2024 29 Chicago White Sox $17,100,000    
2025 30 Chicago White Sox $17,100,000    
2026 31 Chicago White Sox $17,100,000    
2027 32 Chicago White Sox $15,100,000

I mean, after this season he will be averaging 2 plus or minus about 0.3 fWAR over each of his last 4 full seasons. I’d sorta expect him to continue being a 2 WAR player for at least another year, he’s about the most consistently average player in baseball.

43 minutes ago, Tony said:

A first time manager to appease JR, and a guy desperate for the gig that Hahn could control.  Makes total sense to me.  The rest was just hot air. 

The Sox were going to suck regardless, but LaRussa was a bad manager. Pedro is worse. Anyone who wants to defend Pedro, what has he done to show he’s not one of the worst managers in baseball?  If I hear we just need to flush it again, I’m going to puke. This was Ricks handpicked guy, and he really couldn’t be worse. Another Hahn fail. I see a pattern. Make it end.

2 minutes ago, FloydBannister1983 said:

I’m still convinced he doesn’t get fired.  Maybe he resigns in humiliating fashion.  I’m going to stick with I think he’s here next year.

I’m 50/50 on him still being GM but 100% believe he is still in the FO in some capacity. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

I’m 50/50 on him still being GM but 100% believe he is still in the FO in some capacity. 

If they were going to get rid of him they even had an excuse for how to do it easily - they could have asked KW to serve as interim GM while They conducted a search. The fact that he is still in charge right now days from the deadline definitely says he’s not leaving.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

If they were going to get rid of him they even had an excuse for how to do it easily - they could have asked KW to serve as interim GM while They conducted a search. The fact that he is still in charge right now days from the deadline definitely says he’s not leaving.

That’s pretty much how I look at it. If they are still letting him make decisions now, they don’t seem to think he’s part of the problem.

1 hour ago, Tony said:

And after the Royals passed on the guy despite their own opening.