7/26: Sox @ Rockies 7:40 CST….Is now the time to get over that .500 Mountain Top

1 minute ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

LOl there's Pearl clutching on everything. Yas finally hitting and now it's all about he isn't hitting HR's and he's slow.

Gimme a break, he’s paid like a run producer but he isn’t producing runs. He deserves every bit of criticism. 

You go throw a party because he has 5 seeing eye singles the past few games. 

1 minute ago, fathom said:

I refuse to believe he pulled a grounder for an out

That 77% pulled grounder rate just keeps going up. 

I actually looked up how they pitch TA with RISP vs. nobody on. They do pitch him lower and a little more inside but that shouldn't result in him pulling the ball on the ground this much. 

Edited by chw42

3 minutes ago, T R U said:

Gimme a break, he’s paid like a run producer but he isn’t producing runs. He deserves every bit of criticism. 

You go throw a party because he has 5 seeing eye singles the past few games. 

If everyone had as many hits as Yas does in their last 20 AB's we wouldnt have trouble scoring. Yaz is a 35 year old catcher on bad knees and trying to find his stroke. If you have no patience for that and can't accept the singles possibly proceed finding the HR stroke you know nothing about baseball at all.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

1 minute ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I everyone had as many hits as Yas does in their last 20 AB's we wouldnt have trouble scoring. Yaz is a 35 year old catcher on bad knees and trying to find his stroke. If you have no pitence for that and can't accept the singles possibly proceed finding the HR stroke you know nothing about baseball at all.

You continue to have some of the absolute worst takes on this board. You can go argue with someone else I’m not even going to entertain this. 

Just now, hankchifan said:

Engel is sucking more than Leury.  You need to make contact with the bases loaded and one out.  This is not championship baseball.

well, they're not championship players and neither should be starting as much as they have

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, T R U said:

He had a 3.50 era in a relief role, when was he ever untouchable?

He had a 93rd percentile xwOBA, 97th percentile K rate, 96th percentile fastball velocity, & 98th percentile fastball spin rate in his first season back after missing multiple years of development due to TJs & COVID.  Dude looked like a bonafide stud…ERA be damned.  For comparison, Cease had a 3.91 ERA last year and is suddenly one of the best pitchers in baseball.  I’m confident Kopech is going to make a similar leap next year even if this year is somewhat disappointing.