BUH BYE, MIKE SMITHOV!!! WE HARDLY KNEW YA!!!

Some1 please send a letter or e-mail to Roman Abromavich (Russian Billionaire, Chairmain of Chelsea FC) and beg him to buy this team of Bill. But then again, do we want to become da New York Rangers?

:huh:  :nono

But for every Rangers team, there are teams like Ottawa who have zero budget and still put awesome teams on the ice. It can be done.

True but there aren't enough small budget teams like Ottawa who r winnin. Maybe a Salary Cap is on the agenda in the next CBA to help stop rising player salaries and to keep a level playing field.

Hockey needs a salary cap worse than baseball.

The leauge is in BIG trouble. If there is a lockout, I really dont think they are going to have many fans to come back to. AND, if there is, alot of players arent going to come back either. Jagr said he whould play in Russia, this is proably Forsbergs last year anyway, Gaborik is already in Slovikia, and guys like Kovelev, Kovalchuck, Naslund, Ect. will all go back home and play in there own country, and I dont think they will come back.

If the league locks out again, they might as well not come back. The NHL as we know it will be dead. I wouldn't be surprised if a new pro league emerges after a lockout. Hockey has no anti-trust protection, so it wouldn't surprise me at all.

That's why the NFL is the best sporting league in America rite now. Every team's so competitive cos of the Salary Cap, crowds r up, new stadium's bein built. The NHL has gotta hav a Salary Cap in the next CBA to try and model their league like the NFL, and they need to market da league around da young studs like Kovalchuk and Nash who r da next generation of Lemieux's, Hull's etc. I agree that with a Lockout, the NHL is done. Hey more ppl go to see the Chicago Wolves instead of the Blackhawks rite?