GT 8/4: Perhaps the laws of physics cease to exist during your windup?

Just now, fathom said:

Meanwhile Naquin has two homers tonight vs the Braves

When was the last time the Sox ran a successful platoon? Has it ever happened? Moncada/Burger & literally any competent LH OF with Pollock are so obvious but it doesn't seem like something the Sox are interested in doing at all.

Just now, maxjusttyped said:

When was the last time the Sox ran a successful platoon? Has it ever happened? Moncada/Burger & literally any competent LH OF with Pollock are so obvious but it doesn't seem like something the Sox are interested in doing at all.

I mean, they literally thought Harrison would be a good platoon partner center with Leury because he can technically bat LH.  They just don’t get how platooning works.

3 minutes ago, KrankinSox said:

Yoan is good and anyone who says otherwise doesn't understand baseball.

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Yoan Moncada. The plate discipline is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of advanced metrics most of his play will go over a typical baseball fan's head. There's also Yoan's defensive outlook, which is deftly woven into his wins above replacement- his hitting philosophy draws heavily from Frank Menechino, for instance. The true Sox fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of his walks, to realize that they're not base on balls- they say something deep about BASEBALL. As a consequence people who dislike Yoan Moncada truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the value in Yoan's existential catchphrase "Disastre Personal," which itself is a cryptic reference to his struggles with females off the field. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Yoan Moncada's genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them. ?

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Yoan Moncada tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I mean, they literally thought Harrison would be a good platoon partner center with Leury because he can technically bat LH.  They just don’t get how platooning works.

We're now in year 8 of (seemingly) no one in the White Sox org realizing Leury is a much better hitter against LHP than RHP. Not that he's good against either of them.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chw42 said:

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Yoan Moncada. The plate discipline is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of advanced metrics most of his play will go over a typical baseball fan's head. There's also Yoan's defensive outlook, which is deftly woven into his wins above replacement- his hitting philosophy draws heavily from Frank Menechino, for instance. The true Sox fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of his walks, to realize that they're not base on balls- they say something deep about BASEBALL. As a consequence people who dislike Yoan Moncada truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the value in Yoan's existential catchphrase "Disastre Personal," which itself is a cryptic reference to his struggles with females off the field. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Yoan Moncada's genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them. ?

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Yoan Moncada tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid ?

My eyes hurt 

3 minutes ago, chw42 said:

I love creative writing  A+