Guardians DFA Franmil Reyes, release Bobby Bradley

2Deep

17 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

Doesn’t it go by leagues or am I making that up? If so than this means Sox passed on him. 

8 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I thought during the season it went by record?  Maybe I am misremembering or mixing it up with something else.

I believe it is by record now. When you placed a player on August waivers to trade it was by league.

Edited by Bob Sacamano

This is from the official league site so I would strongly suspect it is accurate if there were any updates with the CBA.

https://www.mlb.com/glossary/transactions/outright-waivers

Claiming priority is based on league and reverse winning percentage. So, if a player is placed on outright waivers by an American League club, the 14 other AL clubs will have priority over the 15 National League clubs, with top priority going to the AL club with the weakest record, followed by the AL club with the second-weakest record, and so on. If a club has already previously claimed a player on outright waivers in a given year, the club’s claiming priority will be moved to last among the 30 clubs.

• Thanks 1