8/13 Gamethread: Tigers @ Sox, Manning v. Giolito

soxfan49

Just now, fathom said:

Just a reminder again that Hahn didn’t think it was important to find another outfielder at the deadline 

Same man has 1st basemen playing RF, a Catcher playing 1st to keep his "checks notes" bat in the lineup at least once a week, and that chaos angel out in LF.  It's a beer league defense.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Ok I'll be that guy. Wear the cap straight and you might be able to find the ball.

Was thinking that also as he looked like a fucking idiot standing there after the play 

Edited by fathom
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, MeanJoeCrede said:

Narrator: Lucas DID NOT make that 1 run lead hold up...

Lucas threw a cookie on that Eloy misplayed double with bases loaded.  Still Eloy should have caught that ball.  Our outfield defense is so bad particularly for a contending team.  Thanks Hahn for doing nothing about it.

1 minute ago, vilehoopster said:

Was it only me, or did did anyone else see Giolito looked towards LF as the inning ended and he was walking off, and Giolito with a seriously pissed off expression on his face.

I mean what pitcher wouldn't be pissed? That's a fairly routine catch for a ML outfielder and Eloy didn't even come close. 

Lucas got screwed that inning by the umpire and Eloy. 

Edited by chw42

1 minute ago, vilehoopster said:

Was it only me, or did did anyone else see Giolito looked towards LF as the inning ended and he was walking off, and Giolito with a seriously pissed off expression on his face.

He should.  Catch the fucking ball.  It's not a terribly difficult thing.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, chw42 said:

That whole inning escalated cause Lucas and Grandal got cute to the 7th hitter after having him 0-2. Just throw the damn fastball by him if he doesn't go after 1 change up. Instead they depended on the ump to call a close pitch on a full count. Just fucking stupid. 

pitch wasnt even close though tbh...had the entire plate.