White Sox vs. Orioles 8/23 6:05 CDT (Cease vs. Voth)

Bob Sacamano

1 minute ago, T R U said:

It’s pathetic. Not a single move Hahn made for this year worked out and we have a terrible manager that we’re stuck with because Jr just had to redeem some decision he made 50 years ago

So many awful players on the books for next season

4 minutes ago, chw42 said:

The Sox just love to get guys on base against the mediocre to bad pitchers, but they won't score much. Cause they choke endlessly with guys on 3rd and less than 2 outs. That's how we usually end up with 3-4 runs on 10+ hits against some guy with a ERA around 5. 

Not to forget that they don’t hit home runs or get clutch hits like they did last year. Something is different and I can’t put my finger on it.

Just now, gogowsox said:

Pitcher with a 100+ fastball and a splitter 15 MPH slower falling off the table but Abreu’s the asshole here? Tip of the cap is all I can give there

That's a tough at bat for anyone, but it really should have never gotten to that point. They left 10 guys on base in 8 innings and Abreu was a big part of that. They clearly hit Voth pretty well, but when it came time to get base runners home, they choked over and over again. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gogowsox said:

Pitcher with a 100+ fastball and a splitter 15 MPH slower falling off the table but Abreu’s the asshole here? Tip of the cap is all I can give there

Sure, but that’s why it’s important to crush the far less impressive starting pitcher.  Sox have been so incredibly bad scoring runs off starters this year.

Just now, fathom said:

Sure, but that’s why it’s important to crush the far less impressive starting pitcher.  Sox have been so incredibly bad scoring runs off starters this year.

That was something they were really good at last year. 

1 minute ago, gogowsox said:

True, but Abreu swung at a ball over his head, which was unhittable, so might as well take the pitch on 3-2 with the bases loaded.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

So many awful players on the books for next season

They're in deep shit.   

People who think wholesale changes are coming are sadly mistaken. 

Management is just gonna have to hope this was an odd year and guys just flip the switch next season.  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, hankchifan said:

True, but Abreu swung at a ball over his head, which was unhittable, so might as well take the pitch on 3-2 with the bases loaded.

Astros teach that approach to all but their top minor league hitters as a philosophy.

Need Eddie Gaedel to PH.

Rodney McCray or Terence Go rec would work too.  Grebeck.