That's a White Sox Paper Cuts Winner.

CaliSoxFanViaSWside

I should also add that when the Orioles had a bases loaded 1 out situation when Gravemen couldn't find the strike zone Yoan made a great play snagging a smash dow the 3rd base line stepped on 3rd and threw to 1st for the DP to end the inning.

Left side of the infield seemed more stable defensively with Andrus at SS and Yoan at 3rd.

Romy Gonzalez had 2 singles today playing in place of Harrison who definitely needed a rest.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Spumoni said:

Didn’t even watch, sounds like no one feels good about this one.

Yay, I guess?

Twelve singles. Five runs. A whole bunch of assholes left on base again. Gifted runs by Baltimore... Blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while, I guess. It's nothing to get excited about. Same broken team we have been watching all season lucked out a win tonight. They're still not going anywhere. 

3 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I should also add that when the Orioles had a bases loaded 1 out situation when Gravemen couldn't find the strike zone Yoan made a great play snagging a smash dow the 3rd base line stepped on 3rd and threw to 1st for the DP to end the inning.

Left side of the infield seemed more stable defensively with Andrus at SS and Yoan at 3rd.

Romy Gonzalez had 2 singles today playing in place of Harrison who definitely needed a rest.

Two comments:  1. The DP was even better with the very fast Mateo running.

2. Sheets has been hitting over. 500 in his last few games.  I believe if TLR pinch hits for Harrison with Sheets yesterday with 2 RISP we win that game.  We have no margin for error, and we need to use our best resources in order to win.  TLR does not worry enough on the game at hand.

I like to keep Sheets in the lineup hitting 5 th until he cools down, he is our hottest hitter.  I like the infield tonight.  Keep Big Energy grabbing some bench.  He has sucked lately.

3 hours ago, harkness99 said:

a win i guess.. but man abreu brutal last couple games with runners on

just brutal

Too impatient.  Swinging at every ball out o f the zone with bases loaded, like yesterday swinging at a ball over his head on a 3-2 count with bases loaded.  If he walks we had a good chance of winning.  He needs to be told to work the count and look for a pitch to hit in the zone.

4 hours ago, hankchifan said:

Too impatient.  Swinging at every ball out o f the zone with bases loaded, like yesterday swinging at a ball over his head on a 3-2 count with bases loaded.  If he walks we had a good chance of winning.  He needs to be told to work the count and look for a pitch to hit in the zone.

Maybe he thinks he has to carry the offense and is trying too hard to get the extra base hits, he does seem to get that way sometimes and when he is like that tends to extend the zone.

Always good to get in the win column, but still a very flawed showing. Can't depend on getting 12 hits to just plate 5 runs against a team with actual starting pitchers when playing against competitive teams.

The FS1 broadcast was all over us for being too impatient at the plate, swinging at bad pitches right after they walked two guys, etc.

Like I said, win is a win. But the cracks are still there.

7 hours ago, tray said:

Nice game and fun to watch. I loved Moncada's double play and the way Graveman reacted as well as Gio and the guys in the dugout

The Moncada double play was as skilled of a defensive play as you will see by a 3B.  He reaction, hands, and throw were all perfect, if not the play doesn't happen.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Paulie4Pres said:

Twelve singles. Five runs. A whole bunch of assholes left on base again. Gifted runs by Baltimore... Blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while, I guess. It's nothing to get excited about. Same broken team we have been watching all season lucked out a win tonight. They're still not going anywhere. 

Agreed…even when these collection of clowns win, I don’t feel good beyond just a simple win ‘cause it’s either b/c of a gift or miracle play or both like last night….rarely a dominant win with hustle, smart baseball and solid pitching…

I went to the game yesterday. For some reason, I had a feeling that Giolito would have a good game. Spare crowd, and my first time seeing that strange LF configuration, the anti-Aaron Judge/Vlad Guerrero setup. I left after the top 7th with the score 3-1, feeling confident. Of course, I missed the biggest play of the game but Kasper captured the moment on radio as I was driving home. Kudos to Sheets in a homecoming game for him.

Edited by asindc

Not to be negative because a win is always good, but the Sox are still 5 games behind the Guardians in the loss column.

Guardians are 66-56 .541 and Sox 63-61 .508.

Guardians have 40 games left and Sox 38 games.

If Guardians play at similar pace and go 21-19 which .525 or 22-18 which is .550, the Sox have an major uphill battle to beat them out.

The Guardians could go either 21-19 to finish 87-75 (.537) or go 22-18 to finish 88-74 (.543).

Thus Sox would then need to finish either 88-74 or 89-73.

This means the Sox need to finish the remaining 38 games at 25-13 .657 or 26-12 .684.

I realize we could go with many mathematical scenarios, but he fact is if the Guardians play about the same then the Sox have to go crazy, unless the Guardians go on some major losing streak. Yet I wouldn't put my hopes on the Guardians needing to implode badly down the stretch to give the Sox a chance to pull this out.

Btw, its very similar numbers if you go down the wild card race scenario.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

3 singles and 3 RBI from Gavin Sheets (of Paper) plus a good start by Lucas Giolito and good relief from Graveman lead the the Sox to a 5-3 win !

White Sox got 12 hits , all singles and 6 walks but left 14 men on base.

And those are the 2022 White Sox!

Same shit...different toilet!