DVS drops the hammer...

Lip Man 1

On 9/23/2022 at 2:22 AM, tray said:

The Sox tried to win by constructing a line-up with a lot of power hitters. The offense failed , not because of that strategy, but rather, because the players that were signed up to hit home runs didn't hit enough of them or were out on the IL for numerous games.   You can't blame the Manager or coaches for not having players like Grandal, Pito, Zavala, Eloy, Sheets and Vaughn beat out grounders for singles or go from first to third on a hit. 

That does not necessarily mean that the South Side Hitmen 2.0  strategy was wrong.  If you have 5-6 decent power hitters in a line-up and a few contact hitters,  you can score enough runs to beat teams like Cleveland. I'd try to double down on it next year by adding some bats like Colas and improving the pitching staff with a few arms.

As a team that is one of the worst defensively, replacing some  of the 5-6  power hitters with a few guys who can also catch would  help

4 hours ago, Sarava said:

I don't think we necessarily disagree here, but are looking from different points of view. To me, the White Sox chose to enter the season with little to no depth. That is on them. What I'm saying is, I don't want to hear the White Sox whining about injuries, when they 100% chose to go down this road with an injury prone roster and little to no depth to back it up.

I want to hear injuries destroyed this season, here's what we're doing about it. 

• Like 1

On 9/23/2022 at 12:49 AM, Tony said:

Is anyone even enjoying or really getting satisfaction out of these articles? I guess it’s nice to see different media types on different platforms going in on the Sox, but it’s the same point over and over again, and the same point most of us have been saying forever. 

Nothing changes until new ownership arrives. Until then, we’ll be stuck in the same loop. I know that doesn’t give us much else to talk about, but it’s just the reality of the situation. 

I want new ownership as much as anyone on this site. I have preached this endlessly in numerous posts. 

However there is one other thing can create change for our demented owner, which is for the fans to stop attending the games and let the team play in front of an near empty ball park.

The fans need to stop whining and complaining and put their frustrations into action and make Jerry see it crystal clear on his bottom line profit.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, The Kids Can Play said:

I want new ownership as much as anyone on this site. I have preached this endlessly in numerous posts. 

However there is one other thing can create change for our demented owner, which is for the fans to stop attending the games and let the team play in front of an near empty ball park.

The fans need to stop whining and complaining and put their frustrations into action and make Jerry see it crystal clear on his bottom line profit.

I agree with you to a certain point however MLB is producing record breaking profits to the tune of around 10-12 billion dollars a year. The revenue streams from domestic and international sources are incredible.

Fans not showing up would make an impact but not as much as you think. If this was 1955 certainly, but not today.

1 hour ago, Lip Man 1 said:

I agree with you to a certain point however MLB is producing record breaking profits to the tune of around 10-12 billion dollars a year. The revenue streams from domestic and international sources are incredible.

Fans not showing up would make an impact but not as much as you think. If this was 1955 certainly, but not today.

Just leave it at pre internet streaming/Netflix/BamTech and MLB Advanced Media.

Or after the Dodgers' massive $2 billion regional sports network deal.

Edited by caulfield12