Official NBA 22-23

5 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

Giddey or #13?

While I'm far from an NBA Expert, this draft seems historically weak...aside from the contract with Giddey, I think I'd rather Giddey than No. 13 

• Like 1

I think if I were AK, Vuc is getting dealt, Derozan I try and sign and trade and Lavine I keep and deal in season. 

On Vuc - if I had to take or facilitate a contract or do something creative I would do it. 

I also probably would prefer facilitating a sign and trade with Pat Williams but as long as no one makes a ridiculous offer, I suppose matching any reasonable deal for his 2nd contract could end up being ok. 

For the record - I think Lavine with no Demar and no Vuc…but with White, Giddey, Ayo, Pat and whomever else is presumably young and athletic probably allows Zach to be pretty free and basically rebuild his stats. Than deal him - barring another major injury his value is as low as it gets, why not see if he can enhance it a bit. 

I should note - the above team wouldn’t be good, so it’s going to get a top 5 pick which is impprtant given depth of next years draft and team should be in a good cap situation with an improving back drop as well. 

There is no rehabbing with Lavine. Do we remember how brutal he was to start last season? He went under the knife to avoid getting traded. 

The guy is a loser. He’ll just sabotage himself over trying to show out to get traded to a contender. Just get rid of him and good riddance.

Just now, Kyyle23 said:

Jason you need to stop dreaming on LaVine lol

It's not just him, a lot of national media think Lavine would come into next season and play hard to get traded to a contender. 

But he could have done that last season and moped is way thru november, cratering his value. Then went under the knife to specifically avoid getting traded to pistons. He's toxic as can be, but not good enough to dream on.

50 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

I pay very little attention to the NBA any more, but how is 17ish ppg & <6 rebounds worth $212M?

One of the better defensive wings in the game, and can hit 3s. Ainge set the blue print for making a team full of those guys.

5 minutes ago, bmags said:

One of the better defensive wings in the game, and can hit 3s. Ainge set the blue print for making a team full of those guys.

$40M for a 3&D player. That has Thibs level of stupid written all over it. 

4 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Bulls take the local kid from Hinsdale Central Matas Buzelis at #11.  Schriffen is more excited than anyone.

I think they were considering trading up for him. The NBA.com consensus mock draft had him at #5

3 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

Can't wait to see him play in 3 years

He needs to develop a lot. Really good athlete, but really raw and not a 3 point shooter. 

1 hour ago, Tnetennba said:

$40M for a 3&D player. That has Thibs level of stupid written all over it. 

That’s just nba prices, not sure what to tell you. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bmags said:

https://x.com/kcjhoop/status/1806136647915819500?s=46&t=9lkBcVJmwvxFpyVi5DNtCg

Sorry too tired to embed right, but very glad this is happening. Really wish it was happening without a pick deficit tho, and with this front office.

This - and I think we will see more and maybe Derozan sticks around as a vet. But I’m fine if they do something creative with Vic, sign and trade Demar, and than maybe I get pleasantly surprised with Zach (even though I truly believe putting him on a young team for a month or two and him healthy he will put up efficient stats and get his trade value to a point it is a bit more salvageable. 

Better yet Lonzo somehow does anything and they can flip him in season for something. 

5 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

This - and I think we will see more and maybe Derozan sticks around as a vet. But I’m fine if they do something creative with Vic, sign and trade Demar, and than maybe I get pleasantly surprised with Zach (even though I truly believe putting him on a young team for a month or two and him healthy he will put up efficient stats and get his trade value to a point it is a bit more salvageable. 

Better yet Lonzo somehow does anything and they can flip him in season for something. 

What, no, you can’t do most of that paragraph and try to lose next year. There is no benefit to having a vet as Derozan. Coby is the vet.