Official NBA 22-23

11 minutes ago, bmags said:

Well the first was a S&T, and the second was use of cap space. Utah and others are getting huge gains from just having cap space right now. THe bulls is tied up in the mid 3 + lonzo.

My point is - they absolutely could have just kept Barnes and gotten the conditional pick - there was no need for the Spurs to be involved (other than the Bulls ownership or front office didn't want the cash). Now if they actually think they can use the TPE to get some assets at a later date or as a 3rd party facilitator - fine by me, but given past precedent with JR - call me skeptical. 

Please please let the Bulls win the lottery and get Cooper. Seeing what he did in USA practice at 17 is unreal. I get it - it’s just practice - but talk about a statement! 

17 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

Please please let the Bulls win the lottery and get Cooper. Seeing what he did in USA practice at 17 is unreal. I get it - it’s just practice - but talk about a statement! 

They better not be done then. The team as it stands is still a fringe playoff team IMO. Especially if Lavine comes back and plays well. I think with Giddeys size and playmaking ability for others they can roll out Coby and Lavine alongside him and give them a lot of what they wanted with Ball. Defensively they're gonna struggle though, BIG time. 

Sounds like Ball might actually be back as well, so they should always have a good playmaker on the court. 

I hope they keep blowing it up though. They may be fun to watch but fun isn't gonna win them a title. 

7 minutes ago, scs787 said:

They better not be done then. The team as it stands is still a fringe playoff team IMO. Especially if Lavine comes back and plays well. I think with Giddeys size and playmaking ability for others they can roll out Coby and Lavine alongside him and give them a lot of what they wanted with Ball. Defensively they're gonna struggle though, BIG time. 

Sounds like Ball might actually be back as well, so they should always have a good playmaker on the court. 

I hope they keep blowing it up though. They may be fun to watch but fun isn't gonna win them a title. 

I hope Lavine has a good couple of months - Bulls can than extra some value for him.  I don't expect they will be very good - I don't think 25 win bad, but I don't think they are a 40 win team as I do think the loss of Caruso and Demar is pretty big - but I definitely can see some scenarios where they still end up as a 35-40 win team - but even than - if they are doing that and its because young players are performing, you can still move Zach and Vuc ideally to free up cap space and than leverage cap space  and hopefully improving young(er) players to continue to retool (and by dealing those 2 ensure you are ideally getting a top 6 pick in what appears to be a draft that projects to have a number of #1/#2 caliber players in the draft (i.e., multiple guys in this draft would be #1 or #2 picks in a typical draft).  

That is based upon what I've at least read - who knows whether that holds true following the college season.  

On 7/9/2024 at 5:25 PM, scs787 said:

Ball isn’t gonna come back.  They are gonna keep stringing along the hope, but he isn’t coming back.  Nobody has played at this level after that surgery.  From what I have read it is a comfort of life surgery, not a come back and play at a professional level surgery.