Sox working on signing a LF

CWSpalehoseCWS

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

Gun to head, I’d guess it’s Gallo.  He’s a flawed player but he checks a couple of boxes for us (stronger defender, LH, plus power) and most importantly will come fairly cheap with checks Jerry’s number one box.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't curious what Chris Johnson and Tosar could do with him if given a chance.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Gun to head, I’d guess it’s Gallo.  He’s a flawed player but he checks a couple of boxes for us (strong defender, LH, plus power) and most importantly will come fairly cheap with checks Jerry’s number one box.

Yea that’s what my expectation is too :(

6 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Gallo was specifically named as a possibility by Kaplan. 

He just threw his name out there along with "or someone". He never used the word signing. Greenberg listened to what Kap said and "signing" was his word.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

3 minutes ago, hi8is said:

Yes. More than one.

Yea Conforto and Benintendi are decent.
I would guess Benintendi.  They apparently loved him in draft (and used the Red Sox taking him as their Fulmer excuse); and he played for the Royals, so that's a plus with the FO.
I wish his D hadn't taken such a turn for the worse (at least according to fangraphs)

1 minute ago, GreenSox said:

Yea Conforto and Benintendi are decent.
I would guess Benintendi.  They apparently loved him in draft (and used the Red Sox taking him as their Fulmer excuse); and

he played for the Royals, so that's a plus with the FO.

Yup… I recall also.

4 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

He just threw his name out there along with "or someone". He never used the word signing. Greenberg listened to what Kap said and "signing" was his word.

Someone on Twitter said Kaplan mentioned the Sox and Gallo 4 times today on the radio

5 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

So Gallo, internal at 2B and the Rick Hahn offseason special is complete?

(I like Gallo as far as budget bin shopping goes at least.)

I still think it’s possible Hendriks and a prospect gets traded for Jansen, and Sox use some of the cash to bring in a reliever also.

5 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I took it as a signing.

You listened to it? The only thing he said that MIGHT indicate its a signing is he mentioned Gallo ,most likely because he's the only FA OF in any Sox rumors for an OFer lately. He didn't say signing but that's how its been interpreted I suppose by the majority here.

Where did the Gallo rumor originate ? Was it a foodie? I can't find anything on MLBTR of a legitimate link to the Sox by anyone else.I mean sure it could be Gallo based on what we all  expect from from the Sox at this point.

11 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

So Gallo, internal at 2B and the Rick Hahn offseason special is complete?

(I like Gallo as far as budget bin shopping goes at least.)

Sounds about right.  With maybe a mention of a thing or two that was close but fell through to make it look like he tried.  

Just now, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

You listened to it? The only thing he said that MIGHT indicate its a signing is he mentioned Gallo ,most likely because he's the only FA OF in any Sox rumors for an OFer lately. He didn't say signing but that's how its been interpreted I suppose by the majority here.

Where did the Gallo rumor originate ? Was it a foodie? I can't find anything on MLBTR of a legitimate link to the Sox by anyone else.I mean sure it could be Gallo based on what we all  expect from from the Sox at this point.

It originated from Herb Lawrence and yes I did listen.  Unfortunately this may end your Outman dreams ?