Speaking of the 80's

moochpuppy

I was too young to appreciate anything in the 80's except for Playmobile and Pound Puppies (don't worry, I only had 1) but lately I have learned to love 80's Rock.

I like

Guns N' Roses

Poison

Bon Jovi

White Snake

Warrant (were they early 90's?)

a couple Twisted Sister songs

and of course who doesn't like Eddie Money? "take me home tonight" :lol:

I profoundly hate most 80's progressive/pop music though.

My list is WAAAAAAAY too long to give here.

I attended my first concert in 1983, so my main concert going existence was in the 80s.

I still have my ticket stub books in the garage somewhere, but this is off the top of my head.

A short list:

Motley Crue and Saxon, 1983 Aragon

Motley with Whitesnake, Horizon ( now Allstate Arena )

Metallica 4 times between 83 and 89

Van Halen with Hagar 86

Scorpions

INXS

Slayer 4 times

Rush twice

Suicidal Tendencies 88 Cubby Bear

Guns N Roses/Skid Row 89

Stray Cats

Angel City

too many more to mention

Also saw many comedy shows, including

Steven Wright

Dennis Miller

Andrew Dice Clay

Sam Kinison

Bill Hicks

If I can ever find my ticket book, I'll list the insane amount of shows I went to.

But I still have my hearing, even without earplugs!!

My list is WAAAAAAAY too long to give here.

I attended my first concert in 1983, so my main concert going existence was in the 80s.

I still have my ticket stub books in the garage somewhere, but this is off the top of my head.

A short list:

Motley Crue and Saxon, 1983 Aragon

Motley with Whitesnake, Horizon ( now Allstate Arena )

Metallica 4 times between 83 and 89

Van Halen with Hagar 86

Scorpions

INXS

Slayer 4 times

Rush twice

Suicidal Tendencies 88 Cubby Bear

Guns N Roses/Skid Row 89

Stray Cats

Angel City

too many more to mention

Also saw many comedy shows, including

Steven Wright

Dennis Miller

Andrew Dice Clay

Sam Kinison

Bill Hicks

If I can ever find my ticket book, I'll list the insane amount of shows I went to.

But I still have my hearing, even without earplugs!!

You saw the dice man? :lol:

I don't remember the specific years (since I smoked dope most of the '80s), but I saw Rush, Duran Duran (I'm so ashamed), U2, Flock Of Seagulls (LMAO!), Huey Lewis and the News, Journey, Elton John, Warrant, Motley Crue, and Dio.

Most of the time I just went because I wanted to please my first girlfriend (who had a body to die for). Needless to say, the torture of some of those concerts was worth the reward. Phewwww. I need to take a cold shower.

Naked Raygun - numerous times.

Dead Milkmen - numerouse times.

GBH

Anthrax and Celtic Frost at the Aragon - started a nice pit in the back behind the folding chairs

Suicidal tendancies at the Riviera and also at Medussas - Mike Muir signed my hat

Generation Waste at both the Igloo and the Bank

7 Seconds at the Bank

Murphys Law

CroMags

The Replacements - numerous times

Certain Death at Medussas

Lost Cause - numerous times. Best shows were at Medussas, Joe Kelly would have his bulldog with him.

10,000 Maniacs and the Connels at the Metro in 1987

and many more that I have forgotten due the the alcohol haze I was in during most of the 80's. We once went to an all day show at Dirty Nellies that included 9 bands. I don't even remember who they all were.

GBH

Anthrax and Celtic Frost at the Aragon - started a nice pit in the back behind the folding chairs

Suicidal tendancies at the Riviera and also at Medussas - Mike Muir signed my hat

7 Seconds at the Bank

Murphys Law

CroMags

Lost Cause - numerous times. Best shows were at Medussas, Joe Kelly would have his bulldog with him.

and many more that I have forgotten due the the alcohol haze I was in during most of the 80's. We once went to an all day show at Dirty Nellies that included 9 bands. I don't even remember who they all were.

Dokken opening for Ronnie James Dio, February 1985 at Joe Louis Arena

Still have my Last in line t-shirt, too! And once used the lyrics of "We rock" and "Last in Line" in a funeral sermon.

othersie my 80s concerts were pretty much limited to Wise Fools Pub on N. Lincoln, blues bands after midnight, and midnight showings of Rocky Horror Picture Show.

GBH

7 Seconds at the Bank

Murphys Law

CroMags

Dokken opening for Ronnie James Dio, February 1985 at Joe Louis Arena

Still have my Last in line t-shirt, too! And once used the lyrics of "We rock" and "Last in Line" in a funeral sermon.

othersie my 80s concerts were pretty much limited to Wise Fools Pub on N. Lincoln, blues bands after midnight, and midnight showings of Rocky Horror Picture Show.

Dio has rocked...for a long long time...but now it's time for him to pass the torch!

purple=singing

GBH

7 Seconds at the Bank

Murphys Law

CroMags

that is a KILLER list!

How could I forget NR??? I saw them 3 or 4 times too. At one show some random girl wrote "I Want Your Sex" on my Gang Green t-shirt ( yeah, I know, but she was hhhhhhHOT! ) Never did hook up with her, though, and my shirt was poisoned with a George Michael lyric forever.....DAMMIT.

And at the Anthrax show at the Aragon, some jackoff was kicking people in the pit, so I snuck behind him and swept his other foot out when he kicked. He took MUCH physical abuse when he fell......heh heh hehhhhhhhh.....

GBH

7 Seconds at the Bank

Murphys Law

CroMags

that is a KILLER list!

How could I forget NR??? I saw them 3 or 4 times too. At one show some random girl wrote "I Want Your Sex" on my Gang Green t-shirt ( yeah, I know, but she was hhhhhhHOT! ) Never did hook up with her, though, and my shirt was poisoned with a George Michael lyric forever.....DAMMIT.

And at the Anthrax show at the Aragon, some jackoff was kicking people in the pit, so I snuck behind him and swept his other foot out when he kicked. He took MUCH physical abuse when he fell......heh heh hehhhhhhhh.....

I was jumping off the backs of the folding chairs at that Anthrax show. One of them collapsed as I was jumping and I missed the crowd and fell on my head. I also split my pants at that show.