2023-24 NFL Season Thread

1 minute ago, Kyyle23 said:

Feels like Washington expected all of the bad from the first three games and none of the good from last game.

give Fields credit though, he is throwing the ball in windows and mostly on time, and has been pretty accurate.  Moore is just incredible to watch though, it’s like he is allowed to bounce off tackles twice before he might then go to the ground 

His numbers should be even better. He made 2 pretty good throws to Mooney that he couldn't haul in. 

• Like 1

This reminds me of Lovie era games where they would get out to a lead!by halftime and then it would get hairy in the 4th quarter, and we all would complain that it looks like they are playing prevent defense all second half.

1 hour ago, chw42 said:

Moore has a TD there if the refs didn't blow it dead. Of course we don't even get a replay if he stepped out or not. 

No way he stepped out. Why the heck did they never show the replay. There were some near misses with Moore and Mooney that could have been more. Still not a complete game though but man, this is progress Justin!!! 

• Thanks 1

Im not trying to overtly defend Getsy but more complain about how I hate nfl discourse.

What was wrong with the bears offense was supposedly that they were acting like fields should be Peyton manning and not running him.

Well, he’s not running much more and instead has been putting together much better passing games. 

The runs just aren’t there this year for big gains. Their training camps have continued to miss what works for the team, but I do think a large part of the improvement is just Justin and the receivers executing better.

13 minutes ago, bmags said:

Im not trying to overtly defend Getsy but more complain about how I hate nfl discourse.

What was wrong with the bears offense was supposedly that they were acting like fields should be Peyton manning and not running him.

Well, he’s not running much more and instead has been putting together much better passing games. 

The runs just aren’t there this year for big gains. Their training camps have continued to miss what works for the team, but I do think a large part of the improvement is just Justin and the receivers executing better.

Last night they challenged him with zone coverage and he beat it.  He wasn’t perfect but he was throwing to windows 

3 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Last night they challenged him with zone coverage and he beat it.  He wasn’t perfect but he was throwing to windows 

I think him consistently going to Moore even as they were trying to jump the route, and still trusting to make the throw and give moore a chance was hopefully a big thing. I still don't know with him if he doesn't "see it" or if he doesn't trust it. Seems like he's starting to trust it more and if that's the case maybe he even can anticipate better.

So has the offense turned a corner or is this just a case of taking advantage of two really bad defenses?

The defense can't be fixed, not with these players. Just not enough talent to stop anybody. Might as well gamble on turnovers and blitz like hell. If it results in long TDs that just gets us the inevitable result faster.

Good riddance to that bum. One of the worst Bears WR I've ever seen. Not because of talent, there hasn't many that have come across as talented as Claypool. Not because of not catching the ball consistently because there have been much worse WR that have come across worse than Claypool. But there's not a single receiver past or present that was those things plus lazy, plus gives up on plays, plus was entitled like Claypool was. 

22 minutes ago, CentralChamps21 said:

So has the offense turned a corner or is this just a case of taking advantage of two really bad defenses?

The defense can't be fixed, not with these players. Just not enough talent to stop anybody. Might as well gamble on turnovers and blitz like hell. If it results in long TDs that just gets us the inevitable result faster.

I mean the defense can definitely be better when it’s missing it’s starting safety, number 1 corner and nickel