2023-24 NFL Season Thread

3 minutes ago, bmags said:

Browns d is really good. Sorry, fields hasn’t made a big play with a game on the line in his career. But rumble rumble getsy getsy

This is definitely feeling like a loss already. And their call going back to the fourth down where they couldn’t convert is looking like a huge turning point.

I’m sick to my stomach losing this game. Absolutely brutal. Classic bears loss of d balling all game and collapsing late. Offense never able to do enough.

Im sure some fan will aggregate some stats to be excited about fields though and blame everyone else.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bmags said:

I’m sick to my stomach losing this game. Absolutely brutal. Classic bears loss of d balling all game and collapsing late. Offense never able to do enough.

Im sure some fan will aggregate some stats to be excited about fields though and blame everyone else.

Eberflus, Getsy and Fields all should and will be gone

One thing you can see on the browns is they couldn’t run the ball so needed to pass to move the ball effectively, and Flacco threw for 400 yards.

Fields has never been able to lead a passing offense unless it all was working.

1 minute ago, bmags said:

One thing you can see on the browns is they couldn’t run the ball so needed to pass to move the ball effectively, and Flacco threw for 400 yards.

Fields has never been able to lead a passing offense unless it all was working.

People will focus on Tonyan’s drop, but Fields has been very lucky overall today.  Easily could have had 3 INT

I’m becoming more convinced that they will move on from Fields now unless Poles wants more pieces. However, I still don’t care for Getsy’s offense and think Eberflus should have had Santos attempt the long field goal today.

Something to watch is the Panthers win today. I wonder if the first pick in the draft is in doubt. We’ll see how the final weeks play out. If Caleb Williams returns to USC, I will be curious if they draft Maye or trade down. There’s still more things that could change their plans.

56 minutes ago, bmags said:

My other take there is there is no way roschon was that short of the first down the previous play. 

Unfortunately you can't challenge that. You can challenge whether or not he got the first, but not that he was a half yard short instead of two yards short.

19 minutes ago, bmags said:

They play great in man all day and then switch to zone the minute they get up by two scores and it never works. Stay aggressive.

3 minutes ago, The Beast said:

I’m becoming more convinced that they will move on from Fields now unless Poles wants more pieces. However, I still don’t care for Getsy’s offense and think Eberflus should have had Santos attempt the long field goal today.

Something to watch is the Panthers win today. I wonder if the first pick in the draft is in doubt. We’ll see how the final weeks play out. If Caleb Williams returns to USC, I will be curious if they draft Maye or trade down. There’s still more things that could change their plans.

There’s a better chance I’m the QB at USC next year 

• Haha 1