2/25 Game Thread - Padres @ White Sox, 2:05 PM CT, NBC Chicago

Heads22

Shades of Gordon Beckham...

"Red Sox-Braves game ends after pitch clock violation called for final out. Saturday's Red Sox-Braves spring training game ended with an automatic third strike called on Atlanta batter Cal Conley for not getting set in the box before the pitch clock hit eight seconds."

What's going to be the new terminology for this?  Walk off doesn't quite work.

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Shades of Gordon Beckham...

"Red Sox-Braves game ends after pitch clock violation called for final out. Saturday's Red Sox-Braves spring training game ended with an automatic third strike called on Atlanta batter Cal Conley for not getting set in the box before the pitch clock hit eight seconds."

What's going to be the new terminology for this?  Walk off doesn't quite work.

Games won't end in a tie during the season. Just would've been extra innings with a K recorded as the last out in the 9th.

Just now, chw42 said:

I can totally see this team using Burger/Sheets/Eloy rotation in RF/DH if Colas struggles in ST and doesn't make the team. 

I know Colas hit well against lefties last year but easing him in as mostly a strongside platoon guy is fine with me. That leaves ABs for Burger at DH against lefties if they're serious about mixing Eloy into the OF sometimes.