2/27 GT Mariners vs White Sox, 2:05PM CT, NBCSC, ESPN1000

Tnetennba

6 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

FYI, Leury was the longest tenured player even when Jose was here.

On August 11, 2013, the Rangers traded García to the Chicago White Sox as the player to be named later in the trade that sent Alex Ríos to Texas. He was then optioned to the Triple-A Charlotte Knights.[10] The White Sox promoted García on August 22.[11] In 20 games with Chicago in 2013, he hit .204 with 1 RBI and 6 SB.

Basically about one month longer.  Similar statistics in 2013 compared to 2022, though.

16 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

I haven't paid much attention to spring training gamethreads yet. Are we just enjoying baseball being back, or are we onto the phase of teethgnashing about not winning meaningless games?

Seems a mix of happy about baseball being back, cautious curiosity, and jest.  I’m sure the teeth gnashing will come once were a few more games into spring. 

2 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Right by the dumpsters out back. 

Because he also pitched on occasion, the Leury statue should be right next to the speed pitch attraction and if you break 95 mph, Rick Hahn appears to give you a league minimum bullpen contract.

Jerry saves money, Rick builds the bullpen, and Leury's legacy is honored.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

I haven't paid much attention to spring training gamethreads yet. Are we just enjoying baseball being back, or are we onto the phase of teethgnashing about not winning meaningless games?

really it wasn't on tv yesterday so saturday was mostly just me posting about what a big boy Mieses is in between writing love sonnets to the pitch clock.

• Haha 1