3 minutes ago, fathom said:

Can’t believe he’s our 3rd hitter

Benintendi should be a solid 2 to 2.5 win player, but I’m not overly excited about the Sox acting like he’s some middle of the order bat.  Dude should be batting 2nd or like 7th.  Hopefully this three hole experience ends quickly.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Been the same all series.  Chasing terrible pitches once runners get in scoring position 

Eloy's problem (and others) is that he's so good going oppo that he won't take pitches away. Once he identifies the spin  take it. The trouble is identifying it or at least thinking ahead with slider or cutter away and out thinking the pitcher. If he grooves a FB right down the middle for strike 3 than fine you sit but don't just flail away at those down and away cutters and sliders. Many hitters do this just like Bregman just did but if you're 80% sure it's coming have to take some of them. If you get aced on the outside corner so be it.

3 minutes ago, ron883 said:

I know we have to give him time, but Vaughn has had nearly 2 full seasons. He just doesn't look like this .300 avg, .850+ OPS guy people keep hyping him up to be. 

He had a .288/.338/.454/.792 through August of last year despite a 48% GB rate (7.3 LA).  I’d wager he gets his OPS near .850 this year if he can start lifting the ball more.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1