Just now, maxjusttyped said:

Bummer is untouchable when he's throwing strikes

He used to throw a lot more strikes. Then he just lost the ability to throw his sinker for strikes. I think the change to the slider heavy approach he has now actually hurt him as a reliever. Sure he gets gaudy strikeout numbers, but he's also way less consistent with his command. 

Our starters all look like studs at this point. The bullpen scares me at this point. Even with Hendriks, because we don’t know when he returns how effective he can be because of his treatment, I’m worried. Also, some of Pedro’s lineup’s and batting orders worry me at this point, but I’ll give him a chance. Ozzie wasn’t a genius his 1st few game’s either. 

Edited by AJ'S Cousin

11 minutes ago, ScooterMcGuire said:

Those run scoring opportunities are totally going to come back and bite them. Jason and Stone even sound deflated.

Should be 5-0 no excuses. 

Just now, chw42 said:

He used to throw a lot more strikes. Then he just lost the ability to throw his sinker for strikes. I think the change to the slider heavy approach he has now actually hurt him as a reliever. Sure he gets gaudy strikeout numbers, but he's also way less consistent with his command. 

I think all of that is true, but even last year when his command was abysmal, he had a 2.36 ERA. It's kind of shocking how much he gets nitpicked given how stellar his career has been when he's on the mound.

• Thanks 1