6 hours ago, Harry Chappas said:

@wegner Cuban sandwich in 4 hours. 

You lucky bastard...I'm stuck at work.

On 2nd thought, I just checked the score and maybe you're not so lucky....although I bet you still loved that sandwich.

Just now, LittleHurtCG said:

Kopech seems destined for the bullpen soon. Let him go out there and rip for an inning at max velocity. 

Adding to the most expensive bullpen?

Then what, Martin will bail them out?

You're going to be lucky to get through 2-3 months without Clevinger getting ouchy.

It's baseball.  But the NL West Top 3 are so much better than the AL Central Top 3.

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

Adding to the most expensive bullpen?

Then what, Martin will bail them out?

You're going to be lucky to get through 2-3 months without Clevinger getting ouchy.

It's baseball.  But the NL West Top 3 are so much better than the AL Central Top 3.

Who asked about the NL West?

2 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

What does that have to do with anything exactly

Mets most expensive team in history.

Kind of doubt their fans are panicking like in Philly.

Then again...East Coast/NE fan expectations and media coverage are a totally different beast.

3 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

So dynamic pricing sabotaged a sellout?  Or they weren't going to sell it out period without dramatic upper deck seat discounting?

No, I just think the prices they were asking for with this Opening Day game were a bit steep. I don’t know how often they actually sell out for openers.

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Who asked about the NL West?

Balanced schedule.

It's going to knock all the AL Central teams back 3-4 games in the standings.

The East and West are loaded on both sides of the ledger.

That said, in recent years we have played the Giants pretty well/tough for the most part.

Maybe we needed our former catcher turned AL Rookie of the Month in April turned sandwich for inspiration?

Edited by caulfield12

4 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

What does that have to do with anything exactly

It’s early. We are only into game 5 and people are acting like the fucking season is over. The Mets aren’t going to get blown out all season just like the White Sox aren’t.

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

Mets most expensive team in history.

Kind of doubt their fans are panicking like in Philly.

Then again...East Coast/NE fan expectations and media coverage are a totally different beast.

Mets fans also know, if the team shows a glaring weakness, they have the front office to go find a solution.

Feel the same way about the Southside of Chicago? What we have, is what we'll have, it has to work.

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, fathom said:

Andrus seems to be trying too hard to bloop in hit 2,000 instead of swinging out of his ass

Well yeah in case you didn’t know since they been saying he’s looking for hit 2,000 every fucking at bat for the past two-three games.