GT 4/8: SOX @ PIT, 5:35 pm, NBCSC

Just now, maxjusttyped said:

Where did the Pirates find this time machine for McCutchen and how do the Sox use it on Yaz

The Pirates absolutely pissing on the ball the past 2 days makes me believe that something is up with the balls they're using this year.

47 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

I know the pitching is bad....but this offense is elite right now

Sox leading the MLB in hits so far.  Now we need to straighten out Giolito, Lynn, and the bullpen and get Eloy back, and then we are on our way to a great season IMO.

31 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

5 tool player performance so far.

He doesn't have the perfect arm or accuracy...but pretty darned close.

When firing on all guns, Robert is right up there with Acuna Jr., Tatis, Chisholm, Corbin Carroll, Betts,  Trout/Ohtani and Julio Rodriguez in terms of all the "loudest tools" players.

Edited by caulfield12
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, flavum said:

Winning cures all. Come home 7-6 and get some good pitcher starts, we’re all feeling a lot better about this team. 

I feel a lot better about this team so far.  Games are more exciting than under TLR.  There is more action, more running, more hitting , better defense so far.

9 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

I feel a lot better about this team so far.  Games are more exciting than under TLR.  There is more action, more running, more hitting , better defense so far.

And I may add no more unexplainable TLR decisions, no more Leury,no more 150 different lineups….

12 hours ago, ShoeLessRob said:

So happy they yet again went into the season without addressing the black hole at second. 

Sosa has a 1.488 OPS at AAA. Including 3 HR and 6 walks. Popeye is only hitting .400 at AA.

42 minutes ago, zisk said:

Sosa has a 1.488 OPS at AAA. Including 3 HR and 6 walks. Popeye is only hitting .400 at AA.

Sure, but those players are hardly win-now guarantees.

There really weren't many on the market...after the very top tier, names like Wong Drury Profar Frazier were far from slam dunks.

But one week does not a season make.

54 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Sure, but those players are hardly win-now guarantees.

There really weren't many on the market...after the very top tier, names like Wong Drury Profar Frazier were far from slam dunks.

But one week does not a season make.

I hear your argument. The one reason I don't agree totally, is the Sox are morons. They are chickens when

it comes to giving young players a chance. They have been this way for my whole life. The only guys they

will give a shot to and stick with them are all 1st round draft picks. It really does seen Sosa is ready now. Too bad he had 13 poor at bats last year. That's a federal offense in this organization.

Edited by zisk
add

12 hours ago, joejoesox said:

pitching isn't anywhere close to being capable of making the playoffs, nice job Hahn, well done.  

in Japan, they would fall on their sword when they failed as completely and miserably as you have

Almost zero backup plan for SPs.