4/10- Sox at Twins, 1:10

flavum

Also a big win considering we gave them basically 8 extra base runners...opportunities with hbp walks errors.

Not a victory you usually get on the road in Minnesota.

Now Lynn or Giolito need to get one of these next two or they're back to 5-8.  6-7 would be much better obviously.

Edited by caulfield12

2 minutes ago, chw42 said:

I wonder what the hell Lopez did over the winter to gain 2 MPH on his fastball. He's consistently hitting 99-100 whereas he sat high 90s most of last year. 

He said he went in to his offseason prep looking to add explosiveness, knowing that his role was definitely going to be high leverage relief this year.

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

I wonder what the hell Lopez did over the winter to gain 2 MPH on his fastball. He's consistently hitting 99-100 whereas he sat high 90s most of last year. 

Maybe it's just knowing he's a 1-inning arm this year, instead of last year where he was GENERALLY a 1-inning guy but had more of a "swingman" role, especially early on.

10 minutes ago, chw42 said:

His stuff is way, way better than last season. I know the early results haven't been great, but he'll be a monster if he can sustain this all year.