4/12 - Sox @ Twins: Let’s Win the Series

ChiSox59

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

Man, I really want to believe.  Its too early for this season to hit the drains. Not even 2 weeks in.  But this team is making it very difficult.  Just a brutal series of a baseball here. Down 1-0 and feels like we're down a touchdown.

When Gavin Sheets is hitting cleanup, it's hard to really give a s%*#. 

Just now, ChiSox59 said:

Man, I really want to believe.  Its too early for this season to hit the drains. Not even 2 weeks in.  But this team is making it very difficult.  Just a brutal series of a baseball here. Down 1-0 and feels like we're down a touchdown.

I know we’re typically on the opposite side of the spectrum with this, but I just see no way this team can compete with their current talent level.  The next month might be the worst middle infield in Sox history.  

3 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

This isn't a "told you so" post but for a lot of us, the warning signs were right in front of us, obviously dating back to last season (and even 2021 when they played s%*# baseball the 2nd half of that season)

This is EXACTLY what a lot of us predicted given how they built this roster. 

• Like 4
  • Fire 1

Just now, Tony said:

This isn't a "told you so" post but for a lot of us, the warning signs were right in front of us, obviously dating back to last season (and even 2021 when they played s%*# baseball the 2nd half of that season)

Just wait for 1-2 starting pitcher injuries.  That’s when the real ugliness will start.

6 minutes ago, fathom said:

I know we’re typically on the opposite side of the spectrum with this, but I just see no way this team can compete with their current talent level.  The next month might be the worst middle infield in Sox history.  

Yah, well its tough to compete when 3 of your 4 best position players are not playing.  This team can definitely compete if they're healthy, but alas...

Thankfully the injuries are all minor.  Eloy and Moncada will play this weekend.  TA probably misses 15 games.  Its not a death kneel.  But more injuries will come.

Edited by ChiSox59

1 minute ago, Tony said:

Sure. Its also a 13 game sample in April.  

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

How many fucking times can we play a DH/1B in the OF??????????????????????

Come on man. this team deserves every fucking angry fan response possible.

It’s back to the 2022 Sheets/Vaughn awful defense combo.  Vaughn bobble at first was bad also.  Sheets should not play in the OF again.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tony said:

I wanted to believe but when the projections came out and it was basically 82 wins, I sorta shrugged and said yea, sounds about right. We just don't have any depth and guys like Moncada are not superstars like we hoped. We have some good players, but not enough superstars to paper over all our holes.

• Like 2

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

I wanted to believe but when the projections came out and it was basically 82 wins, I sorta shrugged and said yea, sounds about right. We just don't have any depth and guys like Moncada are not superstars like we hoped. We have some good players, but not enough superstars to paper over all our holes.

It’s still just a huge lack of power at spots that should give you some.  

• Like 1