Fight question

35thstreetswarm

Again it's a very bad look and why it is gaining national attention is beyond me but it was nothing more than a little pushing and shoving. if you watch the videos and are thinking oh my God where is security you haven't seen a real  "brawl".  most of the action in that is people trying to break it up.

1 minute ago, Harry Chappas said:

Again it's a very bad look and why it is gaining national attention is beyond me but it was nothing more than a little pushing and shoving. if you watch the videos and are thinking oh my God where is security you haven't seen a real  "brawl".  most of the action in that is people trying to break it up.

Like others said, it's probably because Chicago is a laughing stock with the violence and unrest that happened both nights this weekend downtown. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, LittleHurtCG said:

These security guards make like $17 an hour. No way are they going to risk serious injury and get in the middle of a brawl like that. 

Security is busy enough keeping people from sneaking into the upper deck. I haven't seen that much coin since I swabbed cars for Delta Sonic in Melrose. 

1 hour ago, Harry Chappas said:

Every discussion involving a fight must inevitably include the: "THAT'S not a fight, I've seen way better" badass guy ?

• Haha 1

Just to clarify - the employees in the red polo shirts are ushers. Most are very young, the majority seem to be women. Their role is help people find their seats and yes they do the "ticket checking" that tends to alienate a lot of people especially when they do it at a low attendance game (which Saturday afternoon was NOT). They are not trained or expected to break up fights or get involved in physical altercations.

Most of the Security guys wear black and white with a white polo or windbreaker that states SECURITY. They are nearly all moonlighting cops from both the suburbs and the city. It is not a good situation when none of the security people appeared on the fight the scene for almost 10 minutes. I wouldn't be surprised if there are a lot less security personnel available with all the issues cops are dealing with now- mandatory OT on their primary job, rules that hamper their ability to do their job etc. 

• Like 3